Monitor help needed

JoshPJ

Hey everyone looking for a 144hz 24in monitor with gsync or freesync with gsync compatibility, i found the asus vg258qr which i was set on but then i found the aoc c24g1 which is around £70 cheaper and a vn panel instead of tn, any how come its so much cheaper? 

CPU: Ryzen 3700X Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Pro Wifi CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62 Rev 2 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz GPU: Asus TUF OC RTX 3080 SSD: 250GB SK Hynix SATA and 2x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Cooler Master NR200 Monitor: LG 27GL850 Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Mouse: Razer Viper Audio: Sennheiser PC37X and Logitech G560 Speakers

14 minutes ago, JoshPJ said:

Hey everyone looking for a 144hz 24in monitor with gsync or freesync with gsync compatibility, i found the asus vg258qr which i was set on but then i found the aoc c24g1 which is around £70 cheaper and a vn panel instead of tn, any how come its so much cheaper? 

The Asus model uses backlight strobing, which decreases motion blur- that's probably the big cost-adding feature. That said I have a C24G1 and have never noticed a blur issue, but I'm not super picky about displays so take that with a grain of salt.

Overall if you're on a budget I've really liked the C24G1, it's got pretty decent colors and viewing angles while being a whole lot cheaper than 144hz IPS. It's up to you how exacting you want to be on that front though.

7 minutes ago, Grabhanem said:

The Asus model uses backlight strobing, which decreases motion blur- that's probably the big cost-adding feature. That said I have a C24G1 and have never noticed a blur issue, but I'm not super picky about displays so take that with a grain of salt.

Overall if you're on a budget I've really liked the C24G1, it's got pretty decent colors and viewing angles while being a whole lot cheaper than 144hz IPS. It's up to you how exacting you want to be on that front though.

ok thanks, for an extra £70 will it be a noticeable difference do you think?

CPU: Ryzen 3700X Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Pro Wifi CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62 Rev 2 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz GPU: Asus TUF OC RTX 3080 SSD: 250GB SK Hynix SATA and 2x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Cooler Master NR200 Monitor: LG 27GL850 Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Mouse: Razer Viper Audio: Sennheiser PC37X and Logitech G560 Speakers