Splitting gpus

Basil Alias
Go to solution Solved by RAS_3885,
5 minutes ago, Basil Alias said:

No I'm asking if you can Give a part of a screen to each gpu so that 4 pairs can add their 4k screens to make a 8k output through something

You're basically asking about doing this, just with "only" 8k. They used Quadro sync to give each display it's own portion of a screen, which requires Quadro GPUs.

Additionally, you cannot split the output from one card (or pair of cards) to multiple monitors and show different content.

This is pretty much for my dream build

I am planning to use a 8k monitor

But for pumping the frames I have quite a idea that sounds far fetched I want to use a pci-e extension like the one from 6 editors 1 pc build by linus with 8 titan rtx of which  each 2 of the titans will be connected with nv link so then we will essentially have 4 outputs so I can connect each 4k outputs to a 8k monitor so that I can get maximum frame rate

I also want to know if there is a way to add 4 of these hdmi and split them into 1 or 2 display ports for the Dell 8k monitor

Edited by Basil Alias

3 minutes ago, Basil Alias said:

This is pretty much for my dream build

I am planning to use a 8k monitor

But for pumping the frames I have quite a idea that sounds far fetched I want to use a pci-e extension like the one from 6 editors 1 pc build by linus with 8 titan rtx of which  each 2 of the titans will be connected with nv link so then we will essentially have 4 outputs so I can connect each 4k outputs to a 8k monitor so that I can get maximum frame rate

I also want to know if there is a way to add 4 of these hdmi and split them into 1 or 2 display ports for the Dell 8k monitor

Is this an April fools joke?

Because if you are connecting the screen to 4 videocards, these cards won't know to work together. That is what SLI is (well, used to be) for. Splitting the workload.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 hours ago, minibois said:

Is this an April fools joke?

Because if you are connecting the screen to 4 videocards, these cards won't know to work together. That is what SLI is (well, used to be) for. Splitting the workload.

No I'm asking if you can Give a part of a screen to each gpu so that 4 pairs can add their 4k screens to make a 8k output through something. It is splitting the workload for each screen it may be easy to find a software to do this but the extension is what I'm worried about

5 minutes ago, Basil Alias said:

No I'm asking if you can Give a part of a screen to each gpu so that 4 pairs can add their 4k screens to make a 8k output through something

You're basically asking about doing this, just with "only" 8k. They used Quadro sync to give each display it's own portion of a screen, which requires Quadro GPUs.

Additionally, you cannot split the output from one card (or pair of cards) to multiple monitors and show different content.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15