180 fps windows animations blocked by secondary 60 hz screen

Isordee

Hello :3.

So I have this goergeous 180 hz monitor that displays 180 fps animation on windows 10. But when I extend the desktop to another screen which is a 60hz. Window's animations (and especially [win] + [left/right arrow] animation) are shown at 60 fps even on my 180 hz display.
The same thing happens with window dragging. When i drag a window in 180 hz monitor it works fine (the window moves on screen at 180 fps) but when even a tiny bit of the window enters the 60hz monitor display area, the part of the window still in the 180 hz area starts to move at 60 fps.

So I wandered if there was a trick to tell window to run everything in 180 fps even in 60 hz monitor cause it's currently killing my eyes.

THX!

18 minutes ago, Isordee said:

Hello :3.

So I have this goergeous 180 hz monitor that displays 180 fps animation on windows 10. But when I extend the desktop to another screen which is a 60hz. Window's animations (and especially [win] + [left/right arrow] animation) are shown at 60 fps even on my 180 hz display.
The same thing happens with window dragging. When i drag a window in 180 hz monitor it works fine (the window moves on screen at 180 fps) but when even a tiny bit of the window enters the 60hz monitor display area, the part of the window still in the 180 hz area starts to move at 60 fps.

So I wandered if there was a trick to tell window to run everything in 180 fps even in 60 hz monitor cause it's currently killing my eyes.

THX!

This is a known problem in windows 10, where 2 monitors with 2 different refresh rates bug out in this way. supposedly being fixed in the next major update, however MS has postponed windows updates due to the pandemic, so who knows when that'll come out.