Making Your Own Digital Storm Spark

JustACKM

Hi. I am trying to take the DeskMini Z390 motherboard, fit it with a 9900K and this gpu (Clevo P775tm1-g RTX 2080 No-Gsync Mxm Graphic Card Gpu Nvidia), and watercool then both. I will make a custom enclosure similar to the Digital Storm Spark in size, and will use 2-3 92mm radiators to cool them off. This will be a fully custom loop. 
           I have 2 issues. The first, is that the ASRock website says that the DeskMini can only support up to a 1080 discrete gpu. Why? Is it because of power constraints. If the gpu I choose has the same slot, the MXM3 A/B+, which it does, why can I not use it? 

Second issue, if it is compatible, there doesn’t exist any water blocks for a MXM gpu. So I want to make my own. I know the basic design of things, It goes in one port, either flows over some ram or goes right through the fin array, then goes into the other channel and cools more stuff down, and then exits through the out port. I have no experience in any designing program to make this, but I am willing to learn. There are just no videos on this. I would like the block to be copper with acrylic, and yes, RGB. I know it’s a tall order but with the Spark starting to feel like  it has been abandoned, this thread will help those looking to build their own. Thanks.

8 minutes ago, JustACKM said:

The first, is that the ASRock website says that the DeskMini can only support up to a 1080 discrete gpu. Why?

Because the 2000 series didn't exist when the spec sheet was written.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

• 10 months later...

I am planning to make my own mini spark like pc, one schools re open I will use my schools CAD software and CNC machine to plan and machine all the parts to make the case and a custom gpu block for the asus dual mini 3060 or 3060 ti. I know it will be 29 cm high and 18 cm wide and 12cm deep. Because my components will need a strong radiator but compact I will go with a 60mm ekwb 120mm radiator as that will give the same amount of cooling as a slim 28mm 240mm radiator. My pc will be wider but shorter than the spark. I do intend to keep the same design of the spark. Hopefully I can put in, according to my calculations a Ryzen 7 and a 3060 ti with good cooling. If it turns out that is not enough cooling, though I have run the calculations and it should work from my testing results I will use my second design which has a slim 240mm radiator.