Audio in different browsers

Dark_Lord_11

Hi,

I have a feeling that audio sounds better on Microsoft Edge than on Chrome or Firefox. I have no conclusive evidence to support this or any methods to accurately test it therefore, I wanted an outside opinion on this. If it is better, is there any reason for why it is better on Edge than in Chrome or Firefox? 

17 hours ago, Dark_Lord_11 said:

Hi,

I have a feeling that audio sounds better on Microsoft Edge than on Chrome or Firefox. I have no conclusive evidence to support this or any methods to accurately test it therefore, I wanted an outside opinion on this. If it is better, is there any reason for why it is better on Edge than in Chrome or Firefox? 

What is leading you to this question? And you would need to explain what you mean by "sounds better" because sound depends on the person.

well I stumbled across this https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/why-does-youtube-sound-much-better-on-edge-than-chrome/ and only wondered if it meant something... For me, sounding better is a tricky one because all sound on all browsers sound similar. The only difference being, I find moments where I find certain sounds in 3D space more recognizable. But I disproved my own theory by playing this video and testing it on all browsers. By "all browsers", I mean Edge, Chrome and Firefox. The video that I watched was mostly regarding the use of Windows Sonic, Dolby Atmos and DTS Headphones X

. I do not use these. I just want to know if I am on to something or absolutely nothing.