Perpheral reviewing and recomendations

What's your goal here? "This board is shit. No, it's amazing" type of thing?

7 minutes ago, That 1 Tech Dude said:

just discussing and giving people reccomendations

Whole peripherals sections is already dedicated for recommending and discussing.

Then if I may ... I'm tempted to go with one of those :

durgod taurus with cherry silent red

durgod venus with gateron red

durgod venus with kailh box red

was wondering what the switches expert thinks about those.  is it worth paying premium for the kailh box vs the gateron ?  What is the feeling of those two ?  How is the feeling the cherry silent red ?

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

I think the switches are made by  a different company for the gatreon and kalilh so if you you want MX cherry switches  go for the durgod taurus.

The silent red switches have no audible clicks so if you want something more clicky get Blue swithches

7 hours ago, Dr0y said:

Then if I may ... I'm tempted to go with one of those :

durgod taurus with cherry silent red

durgod venus with gateron red

durgod venus with kailh box red

was wondering what the switches expert thinks about those.  is it worth paying premium for the kailh box vs the gateron ?  What is the feeling of those two ?  How is the feeling the cherry silent red ?

Not an expert, but can offer my take on this. I think if it's smoothness you want then no need to pay more for Kailh box, Gaterons are known to be smoother, but they have some stem wobble.  Earlier versions more than newer ones. So it depends on your priorities.

If you want silenced switch though, cherry silent reds are a good option. They are my favorite modern cherry switch. Down stroke and the up stroke are silenced. O rings for example dampen only the down stroke. Feeling is a personal thing, I like how they feel, you might not. Take a look at this for some more info :

7 hours ago, That 1 Tech Dude said:

The silent red switches have no audible clicks so if you want something more clicky get Blue swithches

I have outemu blue switches and I hate them, way too loud with stiff spring and ping/reverb.  I can't wait to get rid of them.  I ordered a magicforce with outemu brown but they sent me outemu blue, which is what I already have in my redragon k552, so I returned the board and now waiting to get my money back. 

4 hours ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Down stroke and the up stroke are silenced. O rings for example dampen only the down stroke. Feeling is a personal thing, I like how they feel, you might not.

I knew about the way the sound was dampened in the cherry silent switches, I saw a video about it.  I just didn't had any input about the feeling of those.  A bit mushy is what I can take from the video. Also that comment about miss clicking keys with just the weight of your finger, it's the first time I heard about it and will take good note of it.   

I also knew o-rings only dampen the downstroke and shortens the total travels and I did put some on my keycaps to do just that.  That total 4mm travel was a bit long for my taste and my keyboard is so damn loud that everything I can do to help I will until I get another one. 

I was even thinking about filling the hollow part of the abs keycaps with some resin or such to put some weight in the cap and makes it harder for the spring to push them back up.  I gave up that idea and bought double shot pbt caps and they feels great.

I9 10850K

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

32 minutes ago, Dr0y said:

I have outemu blue switches and I hate them, way too loud with stiff spring and ping/reverb.  I can't wait to get rid of them.  I ordered a magicforce with outemu brown but they sent me outemu blue, which is what I already have in my redragon k552, so I returned the board and now waiting to get my money back. 

I knew about the way the sound was dampened in the cherry silent switches, I saw a video about it.  I just didn't had any input about the feeling of those.  A bit mushy is what I can take from the video. Also that comment about miss clicking keys with just the weight of your finger, it's the first time I heard about it and will take good note of it.   

I also knew o-rings only dampen the downstroke and shortens the total travels and I did put some on my keycaps to do just that.  That total 4mm travel was a bit long for my taste and my keyboard is so damn loud that everything I can do to help I will until I get another one. 

I was even thinking about filling the hollow part of the abs keycaps with some resin or such to put some weight in the cap and makes it harder for the spring to push them back up.  I gave up that idea and bought double shot pbt caps and they feels great.

So you want quiet board or you want switches that have short stroke and have no mushiness at all?

Take a look at this also: 

You can get a board witch these switches https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3582

You could also ask some people on the forum, there are few people that know a lot more than me about keyboards and switches.

27 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

So you want quiet board or you want switches that have short stroke and have no mushiness at all?

Silent first, travel distance is a bonus but not that important and I don't really care about mushiness

I would like to conserve the cherry steam to be able to use the keycaps I got unless I can get a white maitas board.  I'll look into that, I read really good things about alps switches. 

I9 10850K

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd