2600x and GTX 1650S Build!

Hey guys! I'm working on this build. I believe it holds great potential for gaming and that's basically all I'm using it for.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/iCypticx/saved/6Yny4D

Check it out and do let me know if there are some recommendations!

Just for clarification, I'm going to be using my old pc's 1TB Hard Drive, and it's PSU. I am not aware of the voltage of the PSU at this moment. But I'm pretty sure its around 500W. Which should be enough right?

Are you trying to build under a certain budget? Because if not then you should get a newer CPU at the very least. What are you trying to play?

A girl who loves to love.

-= Moved to New Builds and Planning =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 minutes ago, Aimi said:

Are you trying to build under a certain budget? Because if not then you should get a newer CPU at the very least. What are you trying to play?

erm yea I guess so, but the Ryzen 5 1600 AF (the 12nm) has 6 cores and 12 threads, which in some cases is better than the Ryzen 5 2600. I'm not too worried about the CPU because of this. 

2 minutes ago, Lt. Hammerman said:

what are you going to boot off of?

oh yea I totally forgot to mention this, I'm using my old pc's 1TB Hard Drive, and its PSU. I'll fix this in the post lmao

Just now, iCypticx said:

oh yea I totally forgot to mention this, I'm using my old pc's 1TB Hard Drive, and its PSU. I'll fix this in the post lmao

who makes the PSU?

1 minute ago, Lt. Hammerman said:

who makes the PSU?

I'm actually not sure of that. Currently this PC is a pre-built by cyberpower. I'm going to go to the website I bought it off of and see if I can get those specs for ya.

1 minute ago, iCypticx said:

I'm actually not sure of that. Currently this PC is a pre-built by cyberpower. I'm going to go to the website I bought it off of and see if I can get those specs for ya.

3 minutes ago, Lt. Hammerman said:

who makes the PSU?

Turns out it's a 450W PSU but I'm still searching for the manufacturer. 

1 minute ago, iCypticx said:

you can just open the side panel m8

4 minutes ago, iCypticx said:

1TB Hard Drive

Get an SSD for your system storage, 250GB is enough to hold windows and some additional stuff that you frequently use.

Just now, Lt. Hammerman said:

you can just open the side panel m8

yea lmao, but the thing is It's stuck. Like seriously stuck Idk if there's something holding on to it (which may not be the case, haha get the joke?) But yea I'll try once again.

2 minutes ago, iCypticx said:

yea lmao, but the thing is It's stuck. Like seriously stuck Idk if there's something holding on to it (which may not be the case, haha get the joke?) But yea I'll try once again.

brute force should work

10 minutes ago, iCypticx said:

using my old pc's 1TB Hard Drive, and its PSU

Please don't

15 minutes ago, iCypticx said:

but the Ryzen 5 1600 AF (the 12nm) has 6 cores and 12 threads, which in some cases is better than the Ryzen 5 2600

The 2600 also has 6 cores 12 threads, so what do you gain with a 1600 AF?

15 minutes ago, Lt. Hammerman said:

brute force should work

yep that worked, turns out its an EVGA 450W unit

9 minutes ago, Aimi said:

Please don't

The 2600 also has 6 cores 12 threads, so what do you gain with a 1600 AF?

I am ona  certain budget however, 250 USD or less. With a 1600AF for almost 80 bucks and the 2600 for a substantial amount higher I chose the 1600af.

21 minutes ago, merco said:

Get an SSD for your system storage, 250GB is enough to hold windows and some additional stuff that you frequently use.

any recommendations?

3 minutes ago, iCypticx said:

I am ona  certain budget however, 250 USD or less.

It looks like you've already gone over your entire budget, though.

1 minute ago, Aimi said:

It looks like you've already gone over your entire budget, though.

well, I am using a spare gtx 1650 super. So you can take that out of the total lol. The only things I'm really trying to keep from this old pc is the gpu which is the gtx 1650super, the psu, and the hard drive. But if it's possible to fit a 250 gb ssd for like 20 or 30 usd over 250 I can gladly use that. Preferrably, booting off the ssd and and storing my games on the 1tb hdd

Hey everybody! Hope you're having a nice day. I am currently working on a build! Here are the specs:

image.thumb.png.bc7398a9e86632c51cfe08ed72868dca.png

The PSU and the graphics card are from an old build and the case I'll be building it in is a pre-built cyberpower one. Comes with 1 fan at the back and 1 in the front. 

For storage I'm going to be using my old 1TB hard drive and a 250GB NVMe ssd, which is here:

WD_Black SN750 250GB NVMe Internal Gaming SSD - Gen3 PCIe, M.2 2280, 3D NAND - WDS250G3X0C 

image.png.bb72590a0f4ba6c282333c0b3aa54941.png

https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-SN750-250GB-Internal-Gaming/dp/B07M64R4CR/ref=sxin_1_osp55-ac05e7be_cov?ascsubtag=amzn1.osa.ac05e7be-b40b-41ff-82d7-4fb7c7445d7d.ATVPDKIKX0DER.en_US&creativeASIN=B07M64R4CR&cv_ct_cx=250gb+ssd+m.2&cv_ct_id=amzn1.osa.ac05e7be-b40b-41ff-82d7-4fb7c7445d7d.ATVPDKIKX0DER.en_US&cv_ct_pg=search&cv_ct_wn=ospsearch&keywords=250gb+ssd+m.2&linkCode=oas&pd_rd_i=B07M64R4CR&pd_rd_r=c8fdedad-5f47-44d6-90be-b6b79c3f3521&pd_rd_w=r1etO&pd_rd_wg=13Mfo&pf_rd_p=28edc480-9c5d-4478-b47a-241ea0cd8899&pf_rd_r=JJN8S7Q0Z722FVV4J8RA&qid=1585343010&tag=techradar07-20

Any recommendations or suggestions would be nice and highly appreciated, thanks!

Get a good power supply. The BR is very very meh. Get a CX550 or TXm 550

9 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Get a good power supply. The BR is very very meh. Get a CX550 or TXm 550

Oh, alright. Do I need a 550W unit though. Can I just cheap out on a 450W, I don't know if my PSU even is the BR I have to go check again. But what I'm trying to say is I don't want to spend a lot more money onto this build. As the PSU is from an old one.

Hey guys! Here's a build I am currently working on, any comments or suggestions would be appreciated! Still looking for a hard drive or maybe even a good SSD.

image.thumb.png.1a7a1cd1662d69bf609770dce91dc962.png