Amd ryzen 4000

When are the 4000 series amd cpu's coming out? Dose anyone know?

1 minute ago, Viordache said:

For Now it is rumored for the desktop series to be out on October/November , no one knows if there will be further delays cause of the virus.

Have a good feeling about this series if they really do implement 5 nm chips 

1 minute ago, Bruh1 said:

For Now it is rumored for the desktop series to be out on October/November , no one knows if there will be further delays cause of the virus.

Have a good feeling about this series if they really do implement 5 nm chips 

I think they will be grate, giving intel the final hit, but I don't expect 5nm because it hasn't been inplemented in the qualcom 865, where the diy shrink is usualy seen first because a more power efficient smartphone is much more important then a power efficient pc.

4000 series desktop is 7nm+ i believe, 5nm will be (apropriately) 5000 series from my understanding, and possibly will bring DDR5 and a new socket design 

What to expect but what we have already with hopefully higher clock speeds. I have high hopes for it :) The best thing about it is that you most likely will be able to drop a 4000 series CPU onto X570 boards, which means if it offers enough incentive to upgrade I can easily do so ;)

Inari - Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3400, eVGA RTX 3080 FTW3, Corsair Crystal 680X, 2x Corsair MP510 960gb SSD, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, 2x Toshiba 5TB HDDs, Acer Predator X27, Lots of Sony camera equipment

Asus RoG Zephyrus G15 5900HS/3070/QHD On Order

if it is compatible with x570 it will most likly bee compatible even with x370. And yes I agree 5000 series will most likely change the cpu industrie for ever.

11 minutes ago, Viordache said:

giving intel the final hit

You better hope that doesn't happen. The last time we fell into a situation where one manufacturer just couldn't keep up and didn't really try, we got five straight years of marginal 5% increases between processor generations, with significantly bigger price hikes. If Intel does take a hit that they don't feel like trying to recover from and hastily focuses everything on the server market, gamers are boned harder than Pamela Lee in that sex tape no one else here will remember.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

21 minutes ago, Viordache said:

So far they release a little over a year at a time. 1700 hit the market in March 2017, 2700 hit the market in April 2018, 3700X landed in July 2019 (7/7, 7nm) so I imagine 4000 series hits markets somewhere between August to October.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

11 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

So far they release a little over a year at a time. 1700 hit the market in March 2017, 2700 hit the market in April 2018, 3700X landed in July 2019 (7/7, 7nm) so I imagine 4000 series hits markets somewhere between August to October.

That really depends on just how bad things get globally.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

14 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

You better hope that doesn't happen. The last time we fell into a situation where one manufacturer just couldn't keep up and didn't really try, we got five straight years of marginal 5% increases between processor generations, with significantly bigger price hikes. If Intel does take a hit that they don't feel like trying to recover from and hastily focuses everything on the server market, gamers are boned harder than Pamela Lee in that sex tape no one else here will remember.

I totally agree , It has been happening with nvidia forever with minimal improvements with graphics cards every year but now amd stepped up a bit and nvidia is reacting in a way.

It always happens when the manufacturer is alone on the market he can do literally everything to make MAX profit which means minimal changes every year with higher prices.

Hope AMD aren't like that and actually stay a good/honest company and not get sucked into the greed like every other manufacturer  

18 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Agreed, I want intel to exist to keep AMD honest, The more Intel/AMD leapfrog each other in price or performance the better it is for all of us tech enthusiasts. 

I really hope that AMD can start pushing nvidia on the graphics side, Even though I'm locked into an nvidia GPU due to my monitor I would really like to see the next 800ish dollar GPU be an actual upgrade (Though at the same time, my 1080 Ti seems to have been a very good purchase)

Inari - Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3400, eVGA RTX 3080 FTW3, Corsair Crystal 680X, 2x Corsair MP510 960gb SSD, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, 2x Toshiba 5TB HDDs, Acer Predator X27, Lots of Sony camera equipment

Asus RoG Zephyrus G15 5900HS/3070/QHD On Order

8 minutes ago, Bruh1 said:

I totally agree , It has been happening with nvidia forever with minimal improvements with graphics cards every year but now amd stepped up a bit and nvidia is reacting in a way.

It always happens when the manufacturer is alone on the market he can do literally everything to make MAX profit which means minimal changes every year with higher prices.

Hope AMD aren't like that and actually stay a good/honest company and not get sucked into the greed like every other manufacturer  

Yes competition is why people inovate, sorry, I take back what I said :(((((

5 minutes ago, KenjiS9965 said:

Agreed, I want intel to exist to keep AMD honest, The more Intel/AMD leapfrog each other in price or performance the better it is for all of us tech enthusiasts. 

I really hope that AMD can start pushing nvidia on the graphics side, Even though I'm locked into an nvidia GPU due to my monitor I would really like to see the next 800ish dollar GPU be an actual upgrade (Though at the same time, my 1080 Ti seems to have been a very good purchase)

Yea AMD should really fix their driver issues and it's heavily competing with Nvidia , they are losing so many customers cause of these dam driver isssues....

Nvidia had the market for their own for a really really long time it's time for an actual competitor so consumers' wallets can finally breathe a bit.

3 minutes ago, Bruh1 said:

If Intel starts refocusing its efforts on the Xeon line and only throws token consumer releases out there with OEM processor stock that didn't sell directly to system builders, AMD will start doing all the same things Intel did. Socket updates with no purpose other than making you buy a new mobo, marginal performance increases, disproportionate price increases, and a resounding "meh" by the other side. When AMD was ramping up Ryzen, it felt like Intel was holding back until they had a reason to drop something big. Ryzen was that reason. Now it kind of feels like Coffee Lake was Intel's big splash, and with the "throw more cores at it approach" seemingly getting up towards the end of its practical application for them, they really seem to be inching towards when AMD was during the initial Bulldozer vs. Sandy Lake days. If you like building your own PC, that's bad.

Graphics are where things could get interesting in a hurry. I've seen it written more than once that AMD is one, possibly two generations from being able to challenge NVIDIA on the high end, 2080 Ti territory. NVIDIA hasn't shown any signs of backing down the way Intel does. For example, there was a pretty sharp price drop on the original 20XX series and new, beefed-up Super cards when AMD dropped Navi to compete. As much as Intel could just abandon ship on consumer hardware, NVIDIA seems very committed to a fight, and it's going to be a very, very good day for us when AMD hits that XX80 Ti level and makes NVIDIA rethink its $1,000+ price structure.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Yea from what I read it seems that amd drivers are trash.

I don't think they will be released this year. Most likely somewhere in February-March, announced at whatever event will be around that time.

The Ryzen 4000 dies are mostly used for laptop processors and the 7nm lines are already full with orders for the console processors and epyc chiplets and everything else ... wouldn't surprise me if AMD collects the 45w dies that fail binning and put them aside to be sold eventually as 65w TDP budget Ryzen 4xxx processors.

They delayed the B550 chipset already a bunch of times, until late summer - autumn

2 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

If Intel starts refocusing its efforts on the Xeon line and only throws token consumer releases out there with OEM processor stock that didn't sell directly to system builders, AMD will start doing all the same things Intel did. Socket updates with no purpose other than making you buy a new mobo, marginal performance increases, disproportionate price increases, and a resounding "meh" by the other side. When AMD was ramping up Ryzen, it felt like Intel was holding back until they had a reason to drop something big. Ryzen was that reason. Now it kind of feels like Coffee Lake was Intel's big splash, and with the "throw more cores at it approach" seemingly getting up towards the end of its practical application for them, they really seem to be inching towards when AMD was during the initial Bulldozer vs. Sandy Lake days. If you like building your own PC, that's bad.

Graphics are where things could get interesting in a hurry. I've seen it written more than once that AMD is one, possibly two generations from being able to challenge NVIDIA on the high end, 2080 Ti territory. NVIDIA hasn't shown any signs of backing down the way Intel does. For example, there was a pretty sharp price drop on the original 20XX series and new, beefed-up Super cards when AMD dropped Navi to compete. As much as Intel could just abandon ship on consumer hardware, NVIDIA seems very committed to a fight, and it's going to be a very, very good day for us when AMD hits that XX80 Ti level and makes NVIDIA rethink its $1,000+ price structure.

Yea Nvidia is not showing any signs of backing off like Intel , they still kinda are ahead of AMD because of their drivers.

Once AMD fixes the drivers , releases a Beastly 1000$ card then the competition will ramp up really high and us customers will benefit the most because we are gonna get insane cards at good prices cause of the competition , It's up to AMD now to figure their shit out and flip this market upside down.

4 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

well see, amd cood just bee a realy inovativ compani and might push forword as they to now. But a little bit of competition wouldn't hurt.