Headphones broke, need replacement suggestions.

So as the title says, my headphones just broke. They are Audio Technica M40X's. I can still wear them while I wait for a replacement however they will only last so long as it is broken at the pivot.  Currently i'm looking at either replacing them with an identical pair, upgrading to the M50X, or jumping to Sennheiser and getting the HD 569.  I don't have any brand preference but I do want them to be over ear and not require an amp. Budget is max $250 CAD or $180 USD

CPU - Ryzen 7 2700 CPU Cooler - Cooler Master ML240R Motherboard - ASUS X470-PRO RAM - Team Group Vulcan 2400Mhz 16GB GPU - EVGA RTX 2070 Black SSD - Kingston A400 120GB, ADATA SU650 1TB HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU - Seasonic Focus+ 650W Case - Fractal Design Define C Keyboard - Corsair K60 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech LS21 2.1 w/ sub Headphones - ATM 50X Racing Wheel - Logitech G27 Monitors -  ASUS VS228H-P x2

2 hours ago, TheNerdyCanadian said:

So as the title says, my headphones just broke. They are Audio Technica M40X's. I can still wear them while I wait for a replacement however they will only last so long as it is broken at the pivot.  Currently i'm looking at either replacing them with an identical pair, upgrading to the M50X, or jumping to Sennheiser and getting the HD 569.  I don't have any brand preference but I do want them to be over ear and not require an amp. Budget is max $250 CAD or $180 USD

The m50x are not an upgrade, they're horrible compared to the m40x's

2 hours ago, TheNerdyCanadian said:

If you want a similar sound signature you can pick up the Fidelio X2HR for ~140$

I have to recommend Beyer Dynamics DT770.  Just go for the 32 Ohm option if you do not have an amp. 

I know US companies kinda suck to deal with in Canada but consider something off of DROP.com. Not just because they are constantly sponsoring LTT videos but because their value is usually MEGA. https://drop.com/audiophile/drops