is the palit 2060super worth 10€ more than a sapphire rx5700xt nitro+?

ChemicalM

i am assembling a pc and the monitor (already ordered) is the aoc c241g, so 1080p and 144hz. i am trying to squeeze every little money i can, but if there is difference between the 2 i can spend 10€ more :)

Thanks

If you're trying to get the most out of your money, then definitely go for the 5700XT. It's closer to a 2070S in terms of performance, rather than to the 2060S, on average. 

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

So if you have 1080p and want dxr the 2060S will be nice, if you have 1440p and dont care about dxr at all and the 2060s will be short at 1440p with dxr on get the 5700xt as it gets more fps in most of the games. 

I think the 5700xt is a better buy, but get a good cooler one, Red devil or Nitro+. 

22 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

If you're trying to get the most out of your money, then definitely go for the 5700XT. It's closer to a 2070S in terms of performance, rather than to the 2060S, on average. 

thanks. the only doubt i have is the driver problems that amd can have (and i don't really know how good is the palit, certanly is not and EVGA or MSI)

21 minutes ago, Xkillerpn said:

So if you have 1080p and want dxr the 2060S will be nice, if you have 1440p and dont care about dxr at all and the 2060s will be short at 1440p with dxr on get the 5700xt as it gets more fps in most of the games. 

I think the 5700xt is a better buy, but get a good cooler one, Red devil or Nitro+. 

thanks

palit 2060s

nitro+ 5700xt

those are the cards, and the monitor is a 1080p 144hz. no 1440p for me now

45 minutes ago, ChemicalM said:

thanks. the only doubt i have is the driver problems that amd can have (and i don't really know how good is the palit, certanly is not and EVGA or MSI)

From what I've heard in the past few weeks, the driver situation has improved on the AMD side. I mean, I've still seen people complain about black screens and so forth, but not even close to what it used to be like. Also, if you can get your hands on the Nitro+ 5700XT for cheaper than a low-end 2060S then that's a really great deal, as that's one of the highest-end models out there for the 5700XT.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

1 hour ago, Mateyyy said:

From what I've heard in the past few weeks, the driver situation has improved on the AMD side. I mean, I've still seen people complain about black screens and so forth, but not even close to what it used to be like. Also, if you can get your hands on the Nitro+ 5700XT for cheaper than a low-end 2060S then that's a really great deal, as that's one of the highest-end models out there for the 5700XT.

I had the Sapphire Nitro + in the RX580 but for the 5700 XT I went for the Sapphire Pulse OC - that was based on advice on here and Gamers Nexus 5700XT roundup video which put the Pulse OC as close runner up to the Gigabyte Gaming OC

1 hour ago, Shabba said:

I had the Sapphire Nitro + in the RX580 but for the 5700 XT I went for the Sapphire Pulse OC - that was based on advice on here and Gamers Nexus 5700XT roundup video which put the Pulse OC as close runner up to the Gigabyte Gaming OC

is there that much difference between nitro+ , gaming oc or  pulse? if so, care to explain? 

the blower style model is like 50€ less, but i don't think it's worth.

On 3/25/2020 at 1:54 PM, ChemicalM said:

is there that much difference between nitro+ , gaming oc or  pulse? if so, care to explain? 

the blower style model is like 50€ less, but i don't think it's worth.

Some minor differences.Here are the product pages with specs.

https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/pulse-radeon-rx-5700-xt-8g-gddr6
https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/nitro-radeon-rx-5700-xt-8g-gddr6

The Nitro is technically the higher spec card but I went for the Pulse because Gamers Nexus gave it the seal of approval and I preferred the 2 fan design.

I think in reality you won't notice any difference in performance between the two, just go for the one you like best.