Google Drive upload speed throttle

I wonder if google are throttling upload speed of all clients so that they have a better control over their bandwidth? I usually find myself uploading to google with 2-3 times slower upload speeds than the ones I get from my ISP (as tested in multiple speedtest sites and different servers on each one). At what speed do you guys get to upload to google drive? Wonder if my i-net is the bottleneck or google's service.

4 minutes ago, George. said:

I wonder if google are throttling upload speed of all clients so that they have a better control over their bandwidth? I usually find myself uploading to google with 2-3 times slower upload speeds than the ones I get from my ISP (as tested in multiple speedtest sites and different servers on each one). At what speed do you guys get to upload to google drive? Wonder if my i-net is the bottleneck or google's service.

I haven't noticed Google Drive being slower than usual, then again I don't have very fast speeds anyways.

Just keep in mind it could be your ISP throttling too, as with all the 'stay at home' stuff going on, I have heard that some ISP's are struggling a bit.

Have you tried fast.com as a speedtest? That is on the Netflix servers. While your ISP can see when you go to a 'speedtest.net' like website, your ISP knows they have to perform rather well, but when going to fast.com you will often see the true speeds you should get. Might be worth a try.

Also, I assume you the difference between Megabit (Mb) and Megabyte (MB) and aren't confusing the two? Just asking in case..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

On 3/24/2020 at 4:35 PM, minibois said:

I haven't noticed Google Drive being slower than usual, then again I don't have very fast speeds anyways.

Just keep in mind it could be your ISP throttling too, as with all the 'stay at home' stuff going on, I have heard that some ISP's are struggling a bit.

Have you tried fast.com as a speedtest? That is on the Netflix servers. While your ISP can see when you go to a 'speedtest.net' like website, your ISP knows they have to perform rather well, but when going to fast.com you will often see the true speeds you should get. Might be worth a try.

Also, I assume you the difference between Megabit (Mb) and Megabyte (MB) and aren't confusing the two? Just asking in case..

not confusing bits and bytes, also it's not caused by the ISP, it's something I've noticed and wondered about for years now. (different ISP's along the way and not affected by Corona stuff). It's a general question - do they throttle speeds or are they not limited by Google by any means.