2k video editing pc/workstation build

Hey guys,

I am a Photographer and videographer from Germany and new to this forum.

Since my old PC broke down yesterday and I suspect the Mb or PSU might be fried, I am already on the lookout for a new rig. The clients want to have their videos and photos delivered and I Need a decent Rig ASAP.

my Budget Limit is Right around 2000€. I already know what Parts i want, but wanted to hear a second opinion on the Parts and the compatibility etc. Although pcpartpicker already checks compatibility etc., i am Hoping to get some hot tips concerning Parts and especially a bang for the buck case.

oh, and don‘t wonder why i only chose a 1TB ssd. I’ve got a 24Tb HDD array externally.

here is the pcpartpicker link:

also, feel free to criticize my Choice of Parts. Is it Overkill? I edit Mainly 6k raw 12:1 compression ratio, Feature Films, DCI 4K, I do 3d tracking in Mocha, lots of After Effects Animation, rotoscoping and layering.

thanks for helping a pc newbie that can‘t afford and will never want to afford apple Computers out guys. I really appreciate it.

2 minutes ago, LucPhiFra said:

Hey guys,

I am a Photographer and videographer from Germany and new to this forum.

Since my old PC broke down yesterday and I suspect the Mb or PSU might be fried, I am already on the lookout for a new rig. The clients want to have their videos and photos delivered and I Need a decent Rig ASAP.

my Budget Limit is Right around 2000€. I already know what Parts i want, but wanted to hear a second opinion on the Parts and the compatibility etc. Although pcpartpicker already checks compatibility etc., i am Hoping to get some hot tips concerning Parts and especially a bang for the buck case.

oh, and don‘t wonder why i only chose a 1TB ssd. I’ve got a 24Tb HDD array externally.

here is the pcpartpicker link:

also, feel free to criticize my Choice of Parts. Is it Overkill? I edit Mainly 6k raw 12:1 compression ratio, Feature Films, DCI 4K, I do 3d tracking in Mocha, lots of After Effects Animation, rotoscoping and layering.

thanks for helping a pc newbie that can‘t afford and will never want to afford apple Computers out guys. I really appreciate it.

Honestly id dial back the processor and stick an rtx 2070 or 2070 super in there

19 minutes ago, Shooterdude34 said:

Honestly id dial back the processor and stick an rtx 2070 or 2070 super in there

Thanks for the quick response, will think about that for sure!

the 3950x is the most powerful and capable x570 chip for video editing so that processor will be great. But if the software you use can utilize a more powerful gpu a 3900x +RTX 2070 super would be another good choice you gain more gpu power but loose out on 4 cores and 8 threads 

8 hours ago, DominicNikon said:

the 3950x is the most powerful and capable x570 chip for video editing so that processor will be great. But if the software you use can utilize a more powerful gpu a 3900x +RTX 2070 super would be another good choice you gain more gpu power but loose out on 4 cores and 8 threads 

Since I use the Adobe Suite, the GPU will be used rarely when using generative VFX or lumetri color adjustments. I decided I’ll rather stick to the better cpu for now. I mean, I can always just throw a Quadro etc. in there if needed.

7 hours ago, LucPhiFra said:

Since I use the Adobe Suite, the GPU will be used rarely when using generative VFX or lumetri color adjustments. I decided I’ll rather stick to the better cpu for now. I mean, I can always just throw a Quadro etc. in there if needed.

Ok thats a good idea. none of your programs have Cuda acceleration? Also quadros will cost more then the gaming series of graphics cards because of higher amounts of vram and more designed for workstation use