DOOM ETERNAL

ShredBird

Who's playing and what do you think?

I'm loving it so far, looks great in 4K and HDR. The mechanics are brilliant and it's a punishing challenge! I do think this game is harder than DOOM 2016. I beat DOOM 2016 on Nightmare and that was pretty rough for me and this one feels like you hit that level of challenge much sooner.

So far it's been great. I don't know if I'd say it's harder, I'm playing on UV because I wanted to keep Nightmare for when I'd be more comfortable with the new mechanics and so far I haven't had a single game over due to the 1UPs. I think I died more in DOOM 2016 at the same difficulty. Also since you get to use the chainsaw very often I don't find myself running out of ammo nearly as much. It makes me think that maybe a UN run isn't out of my reach.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

33 minutes ago, ShredBird said:

I'm loving it so far, looks great in 4K and HDR. The mechanics are brilliant and it's a punishing challenge! I do think this game is harder than DOOM 2016. I beat DOOM 2016 on Nightmare and that was pretty rough for me and this one feels like you hit that level of challenge much sooner.

I also play it on 4K HDR 10, IPS 10 bit. And it looks fantastic

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Its fun. But i wish it would be more forward and less arena style.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

5 hours ago, Sauron said:

So far it's been great. I don't know if I'd say it's harder, I'm playing on UV because I wanted to keep Nightmare for when I'd be more comfortable with the new mechanics and so far I haven't had a single game over due to the 1UPs. I think I died more in DOOM 2016 at the same difficulty. Also since you get to use the chainsaw very often I don't find myself running out of ammo nearly as much. It makes me think that maybe a UN run isn't out of my reach.

Yeah, the 1UP mechanic has really saved me. Some levels I got through no problem because I had hoarded enough of them, but when you run out, you feel it.

I finished it. It was fun, but to be honest i expected more. DooM2016 Campaign was better.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

21 hours ago, ShredBird said:

I agree! its amazing in 4k and HDR although the minimap is VERY dim for some reason, hope they patch and fix that (My understanding is its a bug in HDR mode :()

Barely gotten to play much as I keep getting dragged over to other games with friends who are usually not around. But what I've gotten to play I've enjoyed immensely, Definitely one of the games I've played recently thats making me long for a new GPU however (That said, im also impressed I can run it on Ultra Nightmare at mostly over 60fps)

Inari - Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3400, eVGA RTX 3080 FTW3, Corsair Crystal 680X, 2x Corsair MP510 960gb SSD, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, 2x Toshiba 5TB HDDs, Acer Predator X27, Lots of Sony camera equipment

Asus RoG Zephyrus G15 5900HS/3070/QHD On Order

4K on 49" TV here, and yes it's just visually gorgeous. Love the mechanics and fast paced action although it is a bit too much at times, been overwhelmed a few times already and had a hard time clearing some levels :P

I actually should try HDR, for some reason didn't think to... thing is I have my TV color calibrated in standard mode, and every time I've tried to switch to HDR before it looked weird. Need to see what settings to change.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

I honestly am not a fan of it. The game play is repetitive and boring after about 45 minutes. The graphics even at 4k hdr aren't anything to write about. Definitely not a next gen game and I don't see anything that makes it appeal to me over other games.