No collection server for WU

Welp that was a waste of electricity and research I can’t send it, it happens a few times a year... I wonder if the project makers ever wonder why they never get any results?

image.jpg

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]

8 minutes ago, HrutkayMods said:

I wonder if the project makers ever wonder why they never get any results?

That's why there's a timeout. If you don't "complete" the WU (from their point of view), someone else will get the WU assigned at some point and it is completed by someone else.

Have you looked at the logs? That should give you a better idea of what is going on (if it really failed to upload), maybe it's just the UI that's derped.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

30 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

That's why there's a timeout. If you don't "complete" the WU (from their point of view), someone else will get the WU assigned at some point and it is completed by someone else.

Have you looked at the logs? That should give you a better idea of what is going on (if it really failed to upload), maybe it's just the UI that's derped.

I looked up the project and it looks like they never finished setting it up or they pulled it. No info on it so I just dumped the WU... always makes me feel bad not because of the points but because of the wasted research 

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

19 minutes ago, HrutkayMods said:

I looked up the project and it looks like they never finished setting it up or they pulled it. No info on it so I just dumped the WU... always makes me feel bad not because of the points but because of the wasted research 

Yeah, I agree and I'm sure it's in their own best interest to not let that happen too often. But I guess that's an inherent risk with distributed projects like this. Either the client never finishes it, or by the time it is finished the result has either become obsolete or they discovered a flaw that makes the results useless. As long as it doesn't happen too often, things should be fine.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

There's a reason why the bonus only requires 80% of successfully completed WUs... some will fail for a reason or another.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

They don't need a collection server, see: https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=33037 

All WUs are distributed by a specific server called a Work Server. All WUs can be returned to that same server. A Collection Server is a secondary server that can accept the upload if the Work Server happens to be down. Not all work servers have an associated collection server, and that's denoted by 0.0.0.0

1 hour ago, Kick said:

They don't need a collection server, see: https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=33037 

That’s good to know but if it won’t upload to their default it was still pointless