Overclocking R5 3600

So I'm on the fence as to whether or not I should overclock my R5 3600. I have it set to stock with the boost clock and it does ramp up on some of the cores, but is it worth the hassle on these chips to set a solid clock on all cores? I'm using my old wraith spire from my R7 1700 which I imagine should do ok with this task if I do it. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Overclocking really is for what you plan on doing with that speed.

Photoshop and Others such as games are more likely based on RAW GPU Performance and not Primarily CPU Based Performance but Having a Weak Central Processor, Such as pairing a Core i3-7100K with an RTX 2080Ti Will give you Severe Bottlenecking and Lower performance.

Thats where overclocking comes into play, OC’ing a CPU is like making it run More Instructions per second thus, making it faster.

If you were Overclocking that type of CPU it should be at 4.4GHz.

Quote or @ me for any Replies,

Alienware

6 hours ago, TravisTea said:

So I'm on the fence as to whether or not I should overclock my R5 3600. I have it set to stock with the boost clock and it does ramp up on some of the cores, but is it worth the hassle on these chips to set a solid clock on all cores? I'm using my old wraith spire from my R7 1700 which I imagine should do ok with this task if I do it. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Open up Ryzen Master, and have it do an overclock for you.  It's quick and easy.  Probably won't get the maximum potential from your CPU, but it's pretty much hassle free and gets you a bit of performance boost.