Ryzen 7 build randomly shuts "off"

Okay so I had a PC custom built a couple of days ago (please tell me if the specs are incomplete):

• CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 (non-X and not overclocked)
  • mobo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
  • RAM: 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz (running at 2133 MHz because I didn't apply the XMP profile)
  • Boot drive: a Western Digital 240 gig M.2 SSD
  • Actual Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB
  • GPU (I don't think the problem lies here but for the sake of completeness): Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super OC or something (I didn't overclock it yet)
  • PSU: Gigabyte B700H modular PSU (I think 700W is more than enough for such a system)
  • OS: Windows Pro 64-bit (I'm currently unable to see the version)
  • Monitor: LG 24MP59G (a 24" 1080p 'gaming' monitor with a 75 Hz refresh rate)

I boot the thing up, and it works pretty fine until I have to open something. I open File Explorer, Task Manager, or even Chrome, and the PC just stops sending a signal to the monitor, and the keyboard and mouse sometimes get power, sometimes not (I know that because of the RGB). But the RGB lights in the case, the Wraith cooler and the graphics card stay lit up, and sometimes the drive activity LED also lights up. It's pretty confusing: sometimes a peripheral works, the next time it doesn't.

The guy who built the PC went to his village, and can't come back because of a curfew (Thanks, COVID-19).

yelp

EDIT: I just got the PSU box out, and it says the input current needed is 10 A. the socket is a 5 A one. Is that the cause of the issue? Because Both LTT and JayzTwoCents have said in videos that an under-powered PSU can cause such problems. 

Edited by Ash_Kechummm
New info

It could be your graphics card. Have you got another test card to try?

But it is most lightly your PSU.

Just now, JamesBerry said:

It could be your graphics card. Have you got another test card to try?

No. That's the only GPU I have.

That isn't related to what's happening. It's in a weird amalgamation of off and not off (like Shrödinger's PC instead of cat).

But it is most lightly your PSU.

If it is, any idea how to get a replacement ASAP?

• 2 weeks later...

I had either the same or a similar issue and fixed it by swapping out the power supply. If you don't have an extra, see if maybe anybody you know has an extra or maybe try to swap with their pc and see if it's fixed. You may even be able to get in contact with the manufacturer of the psu and see if you could get a warranty claim on it but don't quote me on that.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: So today I tried to turn the PC on again, and guess what; it turned on! 

Now, for the bad news. 

CSGO ran on an average of 40 fps on lowest settings and no anti aliasing (1080p). On a GTX 1660 Super. The task manager showed that the GPU was pinned at 100% the whole time.

Minecraft did slightly better with 80-90 fps average on a localhost server (version was 1.15.2 Optifine). GPU pinned at 100% again.

The problems aren't limited to games though. I try to open anything (I mean ANYTHING) and the PC stutters multiple times over the course of about 10 seconds, with the audio also glitching out each time. 

I look at the task manager and the GPU was hitting 100% usage for exactly as many times as the glitching screen and audio.

When I tried to open MSI Afterburner, the GPU hit 100% for a split second and then Afterburner stopped responding.

When I tried to apply an XMP profile on my RAM (because my dumb ass thought that'll help), the shutting "off" started again.

This is just making the problem more and more confusing, and due to the lockdown, I can't even contact the system integrator who made the PC.

yelp

P.S: please tell me if you need more info; I would've added screenshots if the PC would turn on (I'm using my smartphone for this entry and for zoom as of now)

Also @NinjaMan 101101, I'm a poor kid and I don't have the resources (nor do I know any people) to try replacements, so I hope you understand my situation and try to suggest something that doesn't involve buying or borrowing a replacement if that's possible in this case (even though it seems more and more unlikely every passing day). I know I might be sounding rude here, but please try to understand.

Edited by Ash_Kechummm
Adding a reply

Try very lightly loosening the fastenings holding the cpu cooler down.(A fifth of a full turn or so).

UPDATE: So I thought that a BIOS update could fix it, but now I'm getting a BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO BSoD everytime I try to boot into Windows. I tried resetting the PC from the troubleshooting options, but it only says "There was a problem resetting this PC, nothing was changed".

EDIT: While looking around in the BIOS because I had nothing else in the PC that worked, it showed me that the GPU connected to the PCIe x16 slot had a "VGA-compatible controller". Last I checked, Nvidia had dropped support for VGA from the 10 series onwards. So is this GTX 1660 Super in my PC a fake? It only has 3 DisplayPort outputs and an HDMI out, no DVI or VGA. I had very recent drivers installed from GeForce experience (the one released with DOOM Eternal) without a problem, and Afterburner reported it as a 1660 Super in the few seconds before it stopped responding. 

Now that I think about it, Afterburner also showed GPU clocks at 600-something MHz for some reason. Wasn't the 1660 Super supposed to be at 1200-something MHz base and 1400-something MHz boost?

What in God's name is going on?

Edited by Ash_Kechummm

15 minutes ago, Ash_Kechummm said:

Afterburner also showed GPU clocks at 600-something MHz for some reason

It will downclock when not in use so don't be too worried unless that was in game.

15 hours ago, SacredBovine said:

It will downclock when not in use so don't be too worried unless that was in game.

That's the problem. It was that low while I had Minecraft (the game) and a minecraft server running in the background.

Also

UPDATE: I've seen the following post, and found out that it perfectly describes the shutting "off" part of the problem: 

So, if anyone finds the solution in here, please go and help that poor guy.