PMW3325 and PMW3327, How does these 2 perform?

iM8Pizza

Hi there, this one's a quick one. The title basically says it, in particular compared to Mercury sensor (used in Logitech G102) and Avago 3050 sensor.

I mentioned those two sensors because those are the two that I have experienced. Thank you.

Well, they're ok entry sensors, they don't have high tracking speed.

Mercury is a good sensor. I'd skip Avago 3050 and PMW3325 and maybe go PMW3327 or even mouse with PMW3310 depends what you need and price.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

On 3/22/2020 at 3:31 AM, Doobeedoo said:

Well, they're ok entry sensors, they don't have high tracking speed.

Mercury is a good sensor. I'd skip Avago 3050 and PMW3325 and maybe go PMW3327 or even mouse with PMW3310 depends what you need and price.

Well I've been getting back to CSGO rn that my friend also plays it and some Destiny 2, I reckon these two will be the one that a good sensor will have its biggest impact. I have small desk space and QcK Mini is one that I can fit on it and that's what I've been playing on for a long time now so I'm used it, that said I play on 800-1000DPI and 400 being too low that I have to lift my mouse often just to turn around. I reckon with that said the 3325 and 3327 tracking should suffice, what I also seek is the pixel to pixel tracking, I also play War Thunder and long engagements can be annoying if the mouse can't track my miniscule movement well. it seems that PMW3327 is the next iteration after 3325. I'll get the 3327 if I can, there aren't plenty of them from where I am. Thanks mate

1 hour ago, iM8Pizza said:

Well I've been getting back to CSGO rn that my friend also plays it and some Destiny 2, I reckon these two will be the one that a good sensor will have its biggest impact. I have small desk space and QcK Mini is one that I can fit on it and that's what I've been playing on for a long time now so I'm used it, that said I play on 800-1000DPI and 400 being too low that I have to lift my mouse often just to turn around. I reckon with that said the 3325 and 3327 tracking should suffice, what I also seek is the pixel to pixel tracking, I also play War Thunder and long engagements can be annoying if the mouse can't track my miniscule movement well. it seems that PMW3327 is the next iteration after 3325. I'll get the 3327 if I can, there aren't plenty of them from where I am. Thanks mate

I mean you'll be fine if you're not being competitive in CSGO and all. The QcK Mini would hold you back for aiming though, it's just too small for price aiming though. Tracking can be fine the 1:1 pixel can depend on sensor too, some sensors are bad because of inconsistent acceleration. Depends how much you plan to spend too. Yeah mostly haven't seen too many mice with those sensors, mostly good mice with PMW3310 and high end PMW3360 which I have.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

On 3/24/2020 at 9:58 PM, Doobeedoo said:

I mean you'll be fine if you're not being competitive in CSGO and all. The QcK Mini would hold you back for aiming though, it's just too small for price aiming though. Tracking can be fine the 1:1 pixel can depend on sensor too, some sensors are bad because of inconsistent acceleration. Depends how much you plan to spend too. Yeah mostly haven't seen too many mice with those sensors, mostly good mice with PMW3310 and high end PMW3360 which I have.

my budget is about $15 lol so my choice is limited and the best sensor at that price is the G102 (I heard its about 30ish overseas, but it's about 15 here in SEA), and other than that most of the mice sensors are A3050, PMW3325, and PMW3327.

5 minutes ago, iM8Pizza said:

my budget is about $15 lol so my choice is limited and the best sensor at that price is the G102 (I heard its about 30ish overseas, but it's about 15 here in SEA), and other than that most of the mice sensors are A3050, PMW3325, and PMW3327.

Right, well for good price I'd get G102 with Mercury sensor then. I'd skip the rest, like A3050 it's really low end really. On the other hand I'd rather buy the cheapest generic mouse and save up for a very good one. Or get G102 that you found for good price and you're good with it.

50 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Right, well for good price I'd get G102 with Mercury sensor then. I'd skip the rest, like A3050 it's really low end really. On the other hand I'd rather buy the cheapest generic mouse and save up for a very good one. Or get G102 that you found for good price and you're good with it.

Yeah, I already have G102 tho, but my brother's use it now and I'm left with one that uses the A3050, quite a mess when doing precise movement but its still better than the office mouse that I have. With that said I think I'll go with one that has the 3325, the mouse is a clone to the G402 shape wise https://www.tokopedia.com/jnj77/digital-alliance-luna-x-da-gaming-mouse?src=topads

Reason being I want some extra buttons, there's another one that has way more buttons but it cost double that