0 dB fan mode is just a myth with Asus cards!

frozensun

which version of gpu teak you are using?

you clocked it over evga ab or gpu tweak?

Show me how you OC it.

No way you are getting below 50 C while gaming,show me screenshot,it's possible if you crank up the fans at 2000 rpm and above!!

Show me your OSD while gaming...

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

4 hours ago, frozensun said:

which version of gpu teak you are using?

you clocked it over evga ab or gpu tweak?

Show me how you OC it.

No way you are getting below 50 C while gaming,show me screenshot,it's possible if you crank up the fans at 2000 rpm and above!!

Show me your OSD while gaming...

I have no reason to tell you a lie. the video card is always fresh and silent.

I hate noise so my pc must be mostly silent.  I never really hear the strix fans spinning up neither gaming nor converting a video using nvenc h265 drivers.   maybe it´s because 1080p it´s not so hard for the card to achieve. or maybe it´s because i´m on DX11 since I use windows 7.

I think DX12 are more demanding than dx11

If you are interested just Let me organize some screenshot. 😉

Are you interested in any particular game?  I can play far cry new dawn, dirt 4, outer worlds, metro exodus, gears 5, battlefield V, borderlands 3, star wars fallen order, battlefront 2.... 👾

oh i forgot to ask you something. when i turn on the osd in gpu tweak I get an asus logo on screen and there´s no way to remove it.  they show a key combination but it doesn´t work.

it´s very annoying do you know how not to have that damn asus logo on the screen??

1 hour ago, zultan3 said:

I have no reason to tell you a lie. the video card is always fresh and silent.

I hate noise so my pc must be mostly silent.  I never really hear the strix fans spinning up neither gaming nor converting a video using nvenc h265 drivers.   maybe it´s because 1080p it´s not so hard for the card to achieve. or maybe it´s because i´m on DX11 since I use windows 7.

I think DX12 are more demanding than dx11

If you are interested just Let me organize some screenshot. 😉

Are you interested in any particular game?  I can play far cry new dawn, dirt 4, outer worlds, metro exodus, gears 5, battlefield V, borderlands 3, star wars fallen order, battlefront 2.... 👾

oh i forgot to ask you something. when i turn on the osd in gpu tweak I get an asus logo on screen and there´s no way to remove it.  they show a key combination but it doesn´t work.

it´s very annoying do you know how not to have that damn asus logo on the screen??

Go on and tell me which version og GPU Tweak you installed?

If you are playing on 1080p then you are good to go.But I'm at 2K and having a lot of trouble but this card is not meant for 2K at high/ultra details.

Sent you p.m.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

2 hours ago, zultan3 said:

Just set this to OFF...

2 hours ago, frozensun said:

Just set this to OFF...

clip0001.avi

my gt version is 2.1.3.2   my options are completely different.

is the last windows 7 release.

i should try and install the windows 10 version

I tried to set the image off in the options but it doesn´t work. other people around the net say the same

9 hours ago, zultan3 said:

my gt version is 2.1.3.2   my options are completely different.

is the last windows 7 release.

i should try and install the windows 10 version

I tried to set the image off in the options but it doesn´t work. other people around the net say the same

then install other version of software...

5 hours ago, frozensun said:

then install other version of software...

These are my settings

132365466_afteroc.PNG.678e3fcfae65a359d37da316a4523d8b.PNG

Here are some ingame temps and fans rpm.   Every game is set on 1920x1080 with MAX SETTINGS (even higher if I could add something manually)

Battlefield 5

bfv_2020_03_29_00_42_30_309.thumb.jpg.e30e49e8649b3048a165ae1a8732330e.jpg

bfv_2020_03_29_00_41_21_008.thumb.jpg.c107523e4d86b2baba75ad0e26de708e.jpg

borderlands 3

Borderlands3_2020_03_29_01_22_24_524.thumb.jpg.e06199ceaaeec64afe9326d46fd15ecb.jpgBorderlands3_2020_03_29_01_20_34_954.thumb.jpg.17ea308a10c3ecfe59c6b9030991721e.jpg

Outer Worlds

IndianaEpicGameStore-Win64-Shipping_2020_03_29_01_14_20_668.thumb.jpg.3b6173e71692be52ff63e5f9c9f4161b.jpgIndianaEpicGameStore-Win64-Shipping_2020_03_29_01_14_04_801.thumb.jpg.a6b72e892020946e5b2c4f3a495417c0.jpgIndianaEpicGameStore-Win64-Shipping_2020_03_29_01_14_48_000.thumb.jpg.ae6c2828fb19c4f1144495ec5cdc9527.jpg

METRO exodus

MetroExodus_2020_03_28_19_44_31_309.thumb.jpg.8845fbdd17ab0de38a043395b21ea5b7.jpgMetroExodus_2020_03_28_19_41_24_634.thumb.jpg.9e77af27ba48873193a6a95d6b67f271.jpg

rise of the tomb raider

ROTTR_2020_03_29_01_11_16_818.thumb.jpg.21f02ad4f633e59d15ef67bb141075ef.jpgROTTR_2020_03_29_01_09_27_061.thumb.jpg.c478b1a303abb97fa39ba9425a6df5ee.jpgROTTR_2020_03_29_01_08_52_994.thumb.jpg.408d0c7d90055beb6db52f516f188b5f.jpg

battlefront II

starwarsbattlefrontii_2020_03_29_00_57_41_740.thumb.jpg.e901cccabbc89da8ad2351cb4a97ed10.jpgstarwarsbattlefrontii_2020_03_29_00_55_55_277.thumb.jpg.eaea3ba49bb410070409ef5050b6c6d2.jpgstarwarsbattlefrontii_2020_03_29_00_55_10_469.thumb.jpg.956bd18e0a8c9adf07a8caa71a6ea508.jpg

starwarsbattlefrontii_2020_03_29_01_04_26_377.thumb.jpg.7fb5eef1878ce457c6c73c234afc66cd.jpgstarwarsbattlefrontii_2020_03_29_01_01_16_309.thumb.jpg.12d666794c6dbece0626304e97c1b61e.jpg

As you can see the hottest game (battlefront II) hit 54 degrees but my fans are always spinning at 30% (around 1000 rpm) and are mostly dead silent.  As soon as I quit a game the temp reverts back to 29 degrees almost instantly.  

Obviously now my room temp is very fresh. I´ll see this next summer how my new card will perform.

Summers are deadly hot these last years 😓

Your FPS is very low in Tomb Raider....

How much fps you got in Metro,I don't see?

11 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Your FPS is very low in Tomb Raider....

How much fps you got in Metro,I don't see?

just tomb raider. maybe because I have slightly exeeded the vram 😆

Fps raise and lower Anyway the game experience is good.

Here are the exodus fps

MetroExodus_2020_03_29_16_24_35_474.thumb.jpg.b858b57b05cba4070bc5ac866fe81c27.jpg

MetroExodus_2020_03_29_16_24_10_510.thumb.jpg.3e32b239b284a233cc1d96e0fb517268.jpg

Yes perfectly playble  but I don't get this low temperature of GPu,did you set custom fan curve in AB?

Show me how you set it?

What is your max temp in games?

My temperature at start of every game is below 50 but at max is 52 C when i "P" mode.

6 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Yes perfectly playble  but I don't get this low temperature of GPu,did you set custom fan curve in AB?

Show me how you set it?

What is your max temp in games?

My temperature at start of every game is below 50 but at max is 52 C when i "P" mode.

as you could see I also hit 54 degrees in battlefront II but usually no more than that

I reached the 54 degrees you see in bfII in about 45 minutes of gameplay.

I think The afterburner setting is simply on auto.

I got The core "curve" using the AB auto overclock.

Then I added +500 on the memory by myself since the auto overclock works only on the gpu core

2 minutes ago, zultan3 said:

as you could see I also hit 54 degrees in battlefront II but usually no more than that

I reached the 54 degrees you see in bfII in about 45 minutes of gameplay.

I think The afterburner setting is simply on auto.

I got The core "curve" using the AB auto overclock.

Then I added +500 on the memory by myself since the auto overclock works only on the gpu core

yes,and you set custom fan curve...let me see it...

6 minutes ago, frozensun said:

yes,and you set custom fan curve...let me see it...

well i´m sure i just pushed on auto.

where sould I see or set this custom curve? 

look Cattura.PNG.03040ecece7addc1813e2e39efb63320.PNG

look, it´s not enabled. I found the tab right now

is it this are you talking about?

I don't know why you OC the card since you play at 1080p,no need.

if you switch to 1440p then this card suffers a lot,Metro Exodus at around 40 fps,although the rest of the games are okay..

But this card is not meant for 1440p gaming ofc.

You can add +1000MHz on memory,just google it...

But I personally wouldn't.

10 minutes ago, frozensun said:

I don't know why you OC the card since you play at 1080p,no need.

if you switch to 1440p then this card suffers a lot,Metro Exodus at around 40 fps,although the rest of the games are okay..

But this card is not meant for 1440p gaming ofc.

You can add +1000MHz on memory,just google it...

But I personally wouldn't.

I don´t know. I decided to oc the card just to bring it to the factory overclocked model level  and squeeze some extra fps.

If you set every single small detail to the very maximum staying over 60fps can be tricky even  at 1080p 

I bought this card when I still had my i7 3770k.  then I got the i9 9900k and I got some extra frames.

The i9 is a real beast.  the strix is an ice cube compared to the cpu.

I´ve got much more problems to keep the cpu cool than the vga.

Fortunately the cpu doesn´t get so hot playing games otherwise the aio fans get quite loud.

Not soo loud but much louder than the vga that is mostly inudible.

1767245004_nogain.thumb.PNG.ba6eb441d47c5a694db9919a989a8032.PNG

Quite funny...  this is a fire strike with +1000 memory. There´s absolutely no gain.

now we know it´s a useless setting 😉

Still 50 degrees maximum during the firse strike 

39 minutes ago, zultan3 said:

well i´m sure i just pushed on auto.

where sould I see or set this custom curve? 

look Cattura.PNG.03040ecece7addc1813e2e39efb63320.PNG

look, it´s not enabled. I found the tab right now

is it this are you talking about?

yes.

How much can you go on GPU clock increase,I think +100MHz is max...how much you added?

24 minutes ago, zultan3 said:

I don´t know. I decided to oc the card just to bring it to the factory overclocked model level  and squeeze some extra fps.

If you set every single small detail to the very maximum staying over 60fps can be tricky even  at 1080p 

I bought this card when I still had my i7 3770k.  then I got the i9 9900k and I got some extra frames.

The i9 is a real beast.  the strix is an ice cube compared to the cpu.

I´ve got much more problems to keep the cpu cool than the vga.

Fortunately the cpu doesn´t get so hot playing games otherwise the aio fans get quite loud.

Not soo loud but much louder than the vga that is mostly inudible.

You need better card and 2k monitor...there is huge difference in 1080p and 1440p gaming.I played games all my life at 1080p,recently switched to 1440p and I can't describe to you a difference in details...

17 minutes ago, frozensun said:

How much can you go on GPU clock increase,I think +100MHz is max...how much you added?

I can set +1000 even on the core but once I tried not so much more than +100 and the fire strike was failing.  I prefer stability instead of 3 fps more.

Probably I could set more than +100 and check each game response but as you told me before I don´t really need it.

The card is fine for 1080p and i´m not going for the OC world record 🤣

Can you tell me which version og gpu tweak you installed?

I need 0dB mode even at "q" mode.

Does you fans stop to spin at temp below 55 C?

Are you in "Q" or "P" mode?

16 minutes ago, frozensun said:

You need better card and 2k monitor...there is huge difference in 1080p and 1440p gaming.I played games all my life at 1080p,recently switched to 1440p and I can't describe to you a difference in details...

As I said in the first post I had an i7 3770k 4200mhz and two gtx 660ti in SLI. 16gb ram ddr3.

The pc was fine. I could do mostly anything I wanted. I could still play any latest game on medium/high.

The biggest problem was the 2gb vram of the cards. the gpu were strong enough in sli.

I built my pc several years ago, I spent a lot, and usually I don´t change it if I don´t really need it.

One day i decided to do something crazy to please myself. I love technology.

So I moved to the i9 9900k, 32gb ram ddr4 and the 1660ti. it was the most expensive I could afford.

I spent quite a lot for the cpu,mobo and ram. One day I can always change the vga. the i9 will rock for years.

Sometimes I play around with adobe after effects. The increase in performance is huge.

They say that 144hz monitors are great for gaming but my budget is depleted.

I have a family to feed so I can´t just think about my expensive hobby.

18 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Can you tell me which version og gpu tweak you installed?

I need 0dB mode even at "q" mode.

Does you fans stop to spin at temp below 55 C?

Are you in "Q" or "P" mode?

Well, I keep my card physically set on "p" mode because my goal is to have my fans always spinning.

I want my card to always as fresh as possible. They say heat shortens devices life.

I don´t even use my psu 0db mode. I keep it at 40% for the same reason.

Yesterday you asked me which version of gt I have so I realized I had an old version. mostly the latest win 7 version.

Today I downloaded the windows 10 version 2.1.7.1 and it works perfectly.

I guess these assholes hide the latest versions to force you installing that crappy windows 10 😤

fck i can´t add any more pics.

i write you in pm

0dB mode only works in "Q" mode!!

just saying i have a strix card vertical mounted where i can see all the fans and unless im gaming they are not spinning.

sometimes 1 or 2 spin with wallpaper engine open but thats it.