Can this (400 gaming pc) run Titanfall and BF4?

Ahsan

Intel Celeron G1620 2.7GHz Dual-Core Processor

EVGA GeForce GTX 650 SUPERCLOCKED 1GB Video Card: {

Core Clock: 1202 MHz

1024MB GDDR5 128-Bit

Memory Clock: 5000 MHz

CUDA Cores: 384

}

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2UggB

I just wanna play COD/ BF4/ TITANFALL on 1600 X 900 on Medium settings.

Any recommendation for future upgrades will be great.. thanks!

PS: I orderd other peripherals so the price was around $410**

Processor- AMD Athlon X4 750K Trinity Quad-Core 3.4GHz. Motherboard- MSI Socket FM2 FM2-A75MA-E35. GPU- NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti SC 2GB GDDR5. RAM-  4GB Corsair Vengeance. Storage- 750GB Seagate Barracuda HDD. PSU- Corsair CX500. Case- Rosewill Line-M MiniATX.

Dell Inspiron N5110 intel i5

I ordered all the parts already, they should be here within a week!

Processor- AMD Athlon X4 750K Trinity Quad-Core 3.4GHz. Motherboard- MSI Socket FM2 FM2-A75MA-E35. GPU- NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti SC 2GB GDDR5. RAM-  4GB Corsair Vengeance. Storage- 750GB Seagate Barracuda HDD. PSU- Corsair CX500. Case- Rosewill Line-M MiniATX.

You'll need to upgrade the ram to atleast 8gb, games today... you also need to upgrade to atleast a 650ti boost. 2GB of vram or more. Titanfall uses like 1900mb of ram now and bf4 uses up to 1700.

Diamond 5 in League :)

You'll need to upgrade the ram to atleast 8gb, games today... you also need to upgrade to atleast a 650ti boost. 2GB of vram or more. Titanfall uses like 1900mb of ram now and bf4 uses up to 1700.

That vram usage for titanfall is even for one of the lowest vram settings. It can and will use 5gb+ at 1080p if i can get back to my friends place ill get some screenies for proof :P

Intel Celeron G1620 2.7GHz Dual-Core Processor

EVGA GeForce GTX 650 SUPERCLOCKED 1GB Video Card: {

Core Clock: 1202 MHz

1024MB GDDR5 128-Bit

Memory Clock: 5000 MHz

CUDA Cores: 384

}

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2UggB

I just wanna play COD/ BF4/ TITANFALL on 1600 X 900 on Medium settings.

Any recommendation for future upgrades will be great.. thanks!

PS: I orderd other peripherals so the price was around $410**

It will run both at that res though i wont guarantee your settings

That vram usage for titanfall is even for one of the lowest vram settings. It can and will use 5gb+ at 1080p if i can get back to my friends place ill get some screenies for proof :P

It will run both at that res though i wont guarantee your settings

*COugh* The minimum requirement for bf4 is like 8gb... but whatever,  

This is a bit more expensive but it will be better than most APUs. The build will also be able to game at 1080p.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU:  AMD Athlon X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard:  MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard  ($53.81 @ NCIX US)
Memory:  A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($63.99 @ Newegg)
Storage:  Western Digital RE3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($51.60 @ Amazon)
Video Card:  XFX Radeon R7 260X 2GB Video Card  ($137.11 @ Mwave)
Case:  Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply:  Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $436.48
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-16 13:38 EST-0500)

Quote me to get a reply!

You had 40 bucks left to spare. You could've gotten a better video card and/or 8GB of Ram. 

I have 5 dollars on me currently. I will pick up another 4gb ram stick in few weeks.

What's wrong with the video card, tho?

This is a bit more expensive but it will be better than most APUs. The build will also be able to game at 1080p.

Storage:  Western Digital RE3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($51.60 @ Amazon)

Video Card:  XFX Radeon R7 260X 2GB Video Card  ($137.11 @ Mwave)

Case:  Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply:  Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($19.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $436.48

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-16 13:38 EST-0500)

I was gonna pick up the 750k with the FM2 mobo. but I have amazon gift cards and the fm2 is like 80 on amazon right now, plus I couldn't afford to go over 400 (plus tax in the states)

Will I be able to run these games at 720p, at least? :(

You had 40 bucks left to spare. You could've gotten a better video card and/or 8GB of Ram. 

I didn't I had to buy an ethernet cable, also bought hdmi, and Asus optical drive

I was gonna pick up the 750k with the FM2 mobo. but I have amazon gift cards and the fm2 is like 80 on amazon right now, plus I couldn't afford to go over 400 (plus tax in the states)

Will I be able to run these games at 720p, at least? :(

I would recommend changing the motherboard to something cheaper and then it should be okay. The cheaper motherboard won't have the features. I would recommend get something like a HD 7790 instead and then put in an extra 12$.

Video Card:  Asus Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card  ($112.98 @ SuperBiiz)

Total: $412.35

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-16 13:48 EST-0500)

Quote me to get a reply!

The Athlon + 7790 / R7 260x builds are the best value for the price.

When it comes to gaming PCs, it's better to wait a couple of weeks before purchasing very low end stuff, like a celeron CPU and a 650 :(

I didn't I had to buy an ethernet cable, also bought hdmi, and Asus optical drive

you should have researched a litle more. or at least you should have waited for a few of us to give our opinions...

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Try being patient next time, so you don't waste money like you probably did...I mean do people still run dual cores anymore, and can call them "gaming computers". Chances are your going to replace that card sooner than you think. Always buy a 60, and never a 50 series.

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

*COugh* The minimum requirement for bf4 is like 8gb... but whatever,  

i said vram not system ram -.-

i said vram not system ram -.-

Oh, sorry then. Skimmed over it.

It will probably run it on low settings but don't expect it to run butter smooth at 1080p.

Loves PC Games :D

What should I upgrade in the future?

I am thinking about getting an i3 3220 on that same mobo in 6 months.

The Athlon + 7790 / R7 260x builds are the best value for the price.

When it comes to gaming PCs, it's better to wait a couple of weeks before purchasing very low end stuff, like a celeron CPU and a 650 :(

I saw this gameplay and got excited :(

You would have likely been better off going with AMD for your build over Intel/Nvidia at that price point. Celeron processors are horrible when it comes to anything over low to moderate gaming. So that is going to be a hindrance.

The single stick of RAM means you're only running in a single channel, and while some people debate the noticeable differences between the two, high end gaming is one place there really is no debate. Dual Channel or better will have a noticeable impact on the games performance. So if you can, pick up one more stick of the exact same RAM.

The GTX 650 is a good card, but like others have said, you would have likely been better off picking up at Radeon 7770 GHz edition card with 2GB VRAM, or even a 650 with 2GB if you really wanted to stick with Nvidia. Both are about the same price as the card you picked, or within $10 of it. Not to mention, if you had went with the 7770 GHz card, you would have eventually been able to take advantage of Mantle in BF4 and other games that will support it in the future. The fact you are running a low-end processor would have made you a near perfect example of a situation where Mantle would have likely helped a great deal.

So based on what you have listed, you may indeed be able to play those games, but you're going to have to play them at or near their lowest settings, even at 900P. You can play around with the settings and see what happens. Whenever possible, disable all filtering and shadow options, as well as triple buffering when applicable. Chances are, CoD game will run a bit better, since they are less demanding, though CoD Ghosts is more demanding than it's predecessors.

I wish you the very best of luck with your new system, and remember, even if you can't play those three games as good as you would have liked, there are a LOT more games out there to choose from. =]

Edit: On that video of BF4 gameplay, it's single player, if you intend on playing multiplayer it's far more demanding on your system. Sticking to 32 player or lower servers might help your multiplayer performance a lot when the time comes.

You would have likely been better off going with AMD for your build over Intel/Nvidia at that price point. Celeron processors are horrible when it comes to anything over low to moderate gaming. So that is going to be a hindrance.

The single stick of RAM means you're only running in a single channel, and while some people debate the noticeable differences between the two, high end gaming is one place there really is no debate. Dual Channel or better will have a noticeable impact on the games performance. So if you can, pick up one more stick of the exact same RAM.

The GTX 650 is a good card, but like others have said, you would have likely been better off picking up at Radeon 7770 GHz edition card with 2GB VRAM, or even a 650 with 2GB if you really wanted to stick with Nvidia. Both are about the same price as the card you picked, or within $10 of it. Not to mention, if you had went with the 7770 GHz card, you would have eventually been able to take advantage of Mantle in BF4 and other games that will support it in the future. The fact you are running a low-end processor would have made you a near perfect example of a situation where Mantle would have likely helped a great deal.

So based on what you have listed, you may indeed be able to play those games, but you're going to have to play them at or near their lowest settings, even at 900P. You can play around with the settings and see what happens. Whenever possible, disable all filtering and shadow options, as well as triple buffering when applicable. Chances are, CoD game will run a bit better, since they are less demanding, though CoD Ghosts is more demanding than it's predecessors.

I wish you the very best of luck with your new system, and remember, even if you can't play those three games as good as you would have liked, there are a LOT more games out there to choose from. =]

Edit: On that video of BF4 gameplay, it's single player, if you intend on playing multiplayer it's far more demanding on your system. Sticking to 32 player or lower servers might help your multiplayer performance a lot when the time comes.

I am trying to cancel the orders. I requested on amazon, just wating to see.

Thanks for these great feedback guys

Try being patient next time, so you don't waste money like you probably did...I mean do people still run dual cores anymore, and can call them "gaming computers". Chances are your going to replace that card sooner than you think. Always buy a 60, and never a 50 series.

1cf770f17f6688b7457d358c055b7cc3.png

1cf770f17f6688b7457d358c055b7cc3.png

50 as in 650, so i am saying you should buy the 660ti 

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

50 as in 650, so i am saying you should buy the 660ti 

I am planning to return it, I will end up getting the GTX 660 most likely, but guess I gotta wait til my next payment.