PS5 Specs (Official)

Ayush007

Hello guys ,

( Your opinion is highly valuable for me )

Im super excited to share the specs of next gen console ps5. 

Please  have a look, and don’t forget to share your opinion. 

Note - { Shared this news from play station blog} 

DC28ECD9-1C80-4A47-893B-4C22D56B7034.jpeg

Xbox is better. But seriously, specs look as good or better than my computer. Excited to see real world performance numbers

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

29 minutes ago, piratemonkey said:

Xbox is better. But seriously, specs look as good or better than my computer. Excited to see real world performance numbers

Thnx pirate monkey,

For taking interest in my section , 

I appreciate it👍👍

Acc to me I think Microsoft focus on there specs while Sony focus on exclusives !!

32 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Here's the thing, since Microsoft is porting their Xbox 'exclusives' to Windows 10, I'm not buying a Xbox Series X, going to buy the PS5 for the exclusives. Sony's getting my money this console generation.

Dear Abyssal Radon,

thnx for taking interest in my section

I appreciate it👍👍

I agree with your point of view !!

It will be interesting to see how I can expand the storage for the PS5.

Personally, I went with a Firecuda 2TB on my PS4 and it's about half full.

Could not afford a 2TB SSD back then.

4 minutes ago, amsga said:

It will be interesting to see how I can expand the storage for the PS5.

Personally, I went with a Firecuda 2TB on my PS4 and it's about half full.

Could not afford a 2TB SSD back then.

Dear amsga,

Thnx for taking interest in my section,

I can understand ,ur situation !!

Tbh, we are yet to know more details about PS5, a few years back there was a gran turismo running 8k 120fps, was it running on a test ps5 ? we don't really know.

One thing I like about the SSD spec here is that they are already counting the space that the ps5 system will occupy on the drive, from what I know so far there ain't no 800 something GB SSD.

Another thing that is yet to be known is of there will be possible to run ps1 2 and 3 games, most that was talked on the "Road to PS5" was hardware base, we don't even know how the design will be.

This 3d audio tempest is really interesting, at least to me, the fact there will be once processor just for it is awesome and can lend part of it to the console main CPU.

We know for sure that will run 4k/120fps, and like ps4 pro, we all know that the 8k will be mainly for movies like netflix or to probable future 8k blu-ray movies.

And will also come to hardware architecture design, a good hardware architecture may help a lot in performance.

Don't get me wrong, despite being a PS fan I'm thinking on getting a Xbox, I don't own a current gen console neither previous gen console, I know they are both good platforms for gaming.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rise red as the dawn" - Scarlet Guard motto (Red Queen Series)

10 hours ago, wolfxtr3m said:

Tbh, we are yet to know more details about PS5, a few years back there was a gran turismo running 8k 120fps, was it running on a test ps5 ? we don't really know.

One thing I like about the SSD spec here is that they are already counting the space that the ps5 system will occupy on the drive, from what I know so far there ain't no 800 something GB SSD.

Another thing that is yet to be known is of there will be possible to run ps1 2 and 3 games, most that was talked on the "Road to PS5" was hardware base, we don't even know how the design will be.

This 3d audio tempest is really interesting, at least to me, the fact there will be once processor just for it is awesome and can lend part of it to the console main CPU.

We know for sure that will run 4k/120fps, and like ps4 pro, we all know that the 8k will be mainly for movies like netflix or to probable future 8k blu-ray movies.

And will also come to hardware architecture design, a good hardware architecture may help a lot in performance.

Don't get me wrong, despite being a PS fan I'm thinking on getting a Xbox, I don't own a current gen console neither previous gen console, I know they are both good platforms for gaming.

Thnx Wolfxtr3m,

For sharing your opinion with me, Thnx for your co-operation too. I appreciate it👍👍👍

Bdw I guess they are using 8k for watching movie or any web series ,Not 4 gaming !!

If Xbox and PS5 don't have games to keep up it won't matter. Gamecube was way more powerfull but PS2 won, Nintendo 64 was stronger than the PS1 but as the nintendo was limited in space the PS1 won. The Xbox series can run at 1 billionK and PS5 at 140p, if Xbox doesn't have better exclusives it will never win. Pro vs X Xbox won, but One vs Standard Sony won, Nintendo Switch is way weaker than PS4 and Xbox one, but it sells a lot, so much it is the most sold in a lot of american states and even in countries like Brazil where it costs more than a PS4 pro, the Nintendo Switch is a big hit, if it was launched a few years ago it would be toe to toe if not surpass Xbox one and PS4.

So it will depend of services and games. I will buy a PS5, it maybe weaker, but their exclusives are better ,i like more their interface and i love their controller (just hope they do a good dualshock 5). Also i have PC, so the few exclusives that i might want to play have a PC version on Microsoft Store.

For me, I don't really care much about how the specs are. I'm looking for a system that is able to download and utilize the entire PSN library, at least all the console games. Right now the PSN pickongs for PS1 and PS2 are pretty slim. PS2 only has about 50 games on PSN, not including remasters. Compare that to the three thousand plus games released on PS2, and Sony has a lot of catching up to do. PS3, on the other hand, is almost all on the PS store, barring a few disc-only games, which also have pages on PSN. The possibility of using mod-like patches to improve the graphics and framerate of the older games also gives Sony the chance to monetize these old games even if you're using the disc, although if gamers opt in to give Sony a list of their old PS1 and PS2 libraries, that might be enough to convince third-party devs to make ports or remasters for the PS5.

I do see the chance for compatibility with PSP and Psvita games. PSP is rather simple, and might recieve benefits from being able to utilize the Dualshock 5, and the Graphics and Frame rate improvements that Sony can monetize, however like PS1 and PS2, there is a considerable amount of PSP games that never made it to PSN, including some of the handheld's most popular titles. Now, if anyone owns some PSP games, could you tell me if they can be removed from their plastic casings and inserted into more standard disc drives. Otherwise PS5 owners would need external devices, likely sold separately, to play these portable games.

Psvita is a little more difficult. While a majority of Vita games can utilize L2, R2, L3, and R3 on the Dualshock 5, there will be certain games that fully utilize the front touch screen and the rear touchpad, that will probably require either custom porting and emulation, or a specially designed controller that again, would be sold separately. The good thing about the Vita is that almost its entire library is available on PSN.

We do, however, have to consider how the current global crisis is affecting the games industry. While games development doesn't require one to come into the office, there is a high chance that those working in the industry, especially European developers, might not have home setups with which to develop games. (This probably means that Cyberpunk 2077, developed by Poland-based CDProjektRed, will be delayed again.) And while it might sound terrible, there is a strong chance that some of these devwlopers might lose key staff to the virus. Along with the loss of life, games will likely be delayed, or released before they're ready, in unfinished or broken states. There is a chance that developers will begin to release games in early access and closed betas, so as to collect revenue to continue to cover expenses after their initial funding has run out, as well as outsource bugfinding and ensure that the final release will be that much more stable. I actually don't know how bad of an impact the virus has had on the games software industry. It is possible that the quarantine has boosted digital sales of games, putting a greater strain on physical servers than was originally estimated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2020 at 3:01 AM, BurstHearts said:

If Xbox and PS5 don't have games to keep up it won't matter. Gamecube was way more powerfull but PS2 won, Nintendo 64 was stronger than the PS1 but as the nintendo was limited in space the PS1 won. The Xbox series can run at 1 billionK and PS5 at 140p, if Xbox doesn't have better exclusives it will never win. Pro vs X Xbox won, but One vs Standard Sony won, Nintendo Switch is way weaker than PS4 and Xbox one, but it sells a lot, so much it is the most sold in a lot of american states and even in countries like Brazil where it costs more than a PS4 pro, the Nintendo Switch is a big hit, if it was launched a few years ago it would be toe to toe if not surpass Xbox one and PS4.

So it will depend of services and games. I will buy a PS5, it maybe weaker, but their exclusives are better ,i like more their interface and i love their controller (just hope they do a good dualshock 5). Also i have PC, so the few exclusives that i might want to play have a PC version on Microsoft Store.

Not really impressed with Sony’s exclusives tbh, they just seem to be worse versions of 3rd party games. 

Anyway Microsoft hoovered you about 20-30 devs Between the S and Series X reveals and I’m guessing they’ll all be working on games. Plus they have the big release of Halo at launch whereas the PS5 is rumoured to not even make its launch date never mind have games. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

5 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Not really impressed with Sony’s exclusives tbh, they just seem to be worse versions of 3rd party games. 

Anyway Microsoft hoovered you about 20-30 devs Between the S and Series X reveals and I’m guessing they’ll all be working on games. Plus they have the big release of Halo at launch whereas the PS5 is rumoured to not even make its launch date never mind have games. 

Thnx Lord Ville,

For taking interest in my section !! I appreciate it !!!! 

Well according to me we can't judge so early , we have to wait or else we don't have any other option !!

7 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Thnx Lord Ville,

For taking interest in my section !! I appreciate it !!!! 

Well according to me we can't judge so early , we have to wait or else we don't have any other option !!

Supppse so now E3 isn’t happening. 

Am curious on how the rumours saying the PS5 has overheating issues with the current design and devs hate it as it has unpredictable performance 

9 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Supppse so now E3 isn’t happening. 

Am curious on how the rumours saying the PS5 has overheating issues with the current design and devs hate it as it has unpredictable performance 

Ok i agree , but 

Well now look I may be wrong and frequently  I'm but if I'm wrong I just want to be put right , let's examine the facts-

1.There are many rumours regarding  next gen ,believing on rumours is just waste of time, in case if this  rumour is true , still sony have  time to recover that issue.

2.To buy any console at launch is risky as there  are   high probability of  technical issue.

19 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Ok i agree , but 

Well now look I may be wrong and frequently  I'm but if I'm wrong I just want to be put right , let's examine the facts-

1.There are many rumours regarding  next gen ,believing on rumours is just waste of time, in case if this  rumour is true , still sony have  time to recover that issue.

2.To buy any console at launch is risky as there  are   high probability of  technical issue.

True but considering we already know what the Series X looks like and people have actually held units (Austin Evans) and all we’ve had Sony do is have an hour talking about an SSD and a logo reveal it’s a bit fishy. 

Obviously but at least this time it looks like they’ll be able to run games at 1080p  from launch 

1 hour ago, Lord Vile said:

True but considering we already know what the Series X looks like and people have actually held units (Austin Evans) and all we’ve had Sony do is have an hour talking about an SSD and a logo reveal it’s a bit fishy. 

Obviously but at least this time it looks like they’ll be able to run games at 1080p  from launch 

Yea,  as sony have  challenge that their ssd will take less loading time then pc ssd (God knows which ssd they are using ,maybe Samsung evo lol)

27 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Yea,  as sony have  challenge that their ssd will take less loading time then pc ssd (God knows which ssd they are using ,maybe Samsung evo lol)

It’ll be some fancy controller trickery plus it’s PCIE 4.0 doesn’t really matter if the thing throttles as soon as you push it though. 

Seems pretty powerful (although a bit less than the XBox) but what concerns me is the 825 gb ssd. other than that, its more powerful than the modded XBox build I made. Probably more powerful than Linus' to. But that's crazy. If I'm not mistaken, that's within 2080 territory (just looking at Terraflops)

PC: 

i5 8400 - RTX 2060 - Strix B360-I - Thermaltake 240mm AIO - 16GB Vengeance RGB PRO - CRYSTAL 280X - HD Plex 400w AC/DC Converter

CUSTOM KEYBOARD:

Gmmk Pro  - Gateron ink Black v2 lubed and filmed - GMK Red Samurai - PC plate - Zeal stabs

DAILY TECH:

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Smartwatch - Galaxy A70 - Bose QC Earbuds - Bose SoundLink Wireless - Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 

1 hour ago, Belac F said:

Seems pretty powerful (although a bit less than the XBox) but what concerns me is the 825 gb ssd. other than that, its more powerful than the modded XBox build I made. Probably more powerful than Linus' to. But that's crazy. If I'm not mistaken, that's within 2080 territory (just looking at Terraflops)

Thnx Belac F,

For taking interest in my section !! I appreciate it !!!! 👍👍

Well it's obvious that loading time in ps5  (ssd)  will be  faster then pc because one  of the major factor  is , that the games on ps5 will run on high to med sertings( depending upon  on game requirment ) whereas in pc if you run heavy graphic demanding  game at max , it will be much difficult for your pc to load in minimum time (depending upon your requirement ) 

N regarding your 2080 territory I still don't get it. What do you mean by 2080 , r u talking about graphic card ??

13 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Thnx Belac F,

For taking interest in my section !! I appreciate it !!!! 👍👍

Well it's obvious that loading time in ps5  (ssd)  will be  faster then pc because one  of the major factor  is , that the games on ps5 will run on high to med sertings( depending upon  on game requirment ) whereas in pc if you run heavy graphic demanding  game at max , it will be much difficult for your pc to load in minimum time (depending upon your requirement ) 

N regarding your 2080 territory I still don't get it. What do you mean by 2080 , r u talking about graphic card ??

Yeah! so if your just looking at terraflops as a measure of performance, the RTX 2080 has 10.07 Terraflops of performance. The reason I say PC is better when it comes to SSDs is that 825 GB will be filled up way to fast. Although not gonna lie, that 5.5 Gb/s is pretty darn fast.

I think my personal preference between the two would be the XBox because of more power and storage (albeit slower storage), as well as swapping between games with savestates. 

Also thanks for replying, I appreciate it!

Edit: I will almost always prefer the Xbox because of the controller though... next best thing coming from a keyboard and mouse.

PC: 

i5 8400 - RTX 2060 - Strix B360-I - Thermaltake 240mm AIO - 16GB Vengeance RGB PRO - CRYSTAL 280X - HD Plex 400w AC/DC Converter

CUSTOM KEYBOARD:

Gmmk Pro  - Gateron ink Black v2 lubed and filmed - GMK Red Samurai - PC plate - Zeal stabs

DAILY TECH:

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Smartwatch - Galaxy A70 - Bose QC Earbuds - Bose SoundLink Wireless - Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 

34 minutes ago, Belac F said:

Yeah! so if your just looking at terraflops as a measure of performance, the RTX 2080 has 10.07 Terraflops of performance. The reason I say PC is better when it comes to SSDs is that 825 GB will be filled up way to fast. Although not gonna lie, that 5.5 Gb/s is pretty darn fast.

I think my personal preference between the two would be the XBox because of more power and storage (albeit slower storage), as well as swapping between games with savestates. 

Also thanks for replying, I appreciate it!

Edit: I will almost always prefer the Xbox because of the controller though... next best thing coming from a keyboard and mouse.

I agree with your point !!

All though people buy consoles for two reasons -

1. For exclusives 

2. Those who can't afford high end  pc.

6 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

I agree with your point !!

All though people buy consoles for two reasons -

1. For exclusives 

2. Those who can't afford high end  pc.

definitly! I would consider buying a switch for smash bros and zelda alone.

PC: 

CUSTOM KEYBOARD:

DAILY TECH: