Epson L382 suddenly printing incorrect color and slight greenish tint

frozensun

I haven't used this printer really that much.

Yesterday I noticed that at printed document in black some letters are blurish and smudgy.

I asked the guy in store what to do he told to do head cleaning via epson printer software.

After that I got slight green/light blue tone over images where gray should be and totally wrong color as you can see on images below?

So what happened?Letters are now okay but I got bigger problem.

IMG_20200318_161126.jpg

IMG_20200318_161131.jpg

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

6 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Letters are now okay but I got bigger problem.

Looks like the ink dried up, or the calibration is waaaay off

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Looks like the ink dried up, or the calibration is waaaay off

I haven't used the printer that much,maybe like 2 times per month...in april will be 1 year old,bought new.

What can I do to correct color,so it prints the color on the image?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

55 minutes ago, frozensun said:

What can I do to correct color,so it prints the color on the image?

Well, there should be a program called "Epson Toolbox" that was possibly installed when you installed the printer. That should have a head cleaning setting, as well as a calibration setting.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Well, there should be a program called "Epson Toolbox" that was possibly installed when you installed the printer. That should have a head cleaning setting, as well as a calibration setting.

I did head cleaning and got this :/

Bigger problem now...

Is there epson printer forum so I can msg them?

Just now, frozensun said:

I did head cleaning and got this :/

Bigger problem now...

Try the calibration setting.

Sometimes the head cleaning requires multiple runs if the ink carts are old/dried up/unusued...

Is there epson printer forum so I can msg them?

Not here, you'd have to hit their website directly and see what you can find

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Try the calibration setting.

Sometimes the head cleaning requires multiple runs if the ink carts are old/dried up/unusued...

Not here, you'd have to hit their website directly and see what you can find

I don't remember seeing calibration settings,there is nozzle check,print head cleaning...let me check it,hold on...

So I should do one more time head cleaning?

I don't remember seeing calibration settings,there is nozzle check,print head cleaning...let me check it,hold on...

So I should do one more time head cleaning?

The nozzle check couldn't hurt, nor could the head cleaning. I had to do it once on an older printer (canon inkjet) that took like 5 times before it'd print right. Ink carts dry up and clog way too fast.

4 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

The nozzle check couldn't hurt, nor could the head cleaning. I had to do it once on an older printer (canon inkjet) that took like 5 times before it'd print right. Ink carts dry up and clog way too fast.

I did that and got this incorrect color now,I shoouldn't do it,now I got bigger problems...

Correct me if I am wrong,but don't see yellow tint inside canister....

IMG_20200319_074556.jpg

Nope.sorry.but yellow is not yellow it's red...

IMG_20200319_075802.jpg

4 hours ago, frozensun said:

yellow

I see (from left to right) Blue, Red, Yellow, Black

I did second nozzle check and now things are f..d up pretty badly,colors are inaccurate and printing is so bad.

I guess I will have to take it to store where I purchased..nothing I can do anymore...

• 3 years later...
On 3/19/2020 at 9:40 PM, frozensun said:

I did second nozzle check and now things are f..d up pretty badly,colors are inaccurate and printing is so bad.

I guess I will have to take it to store where I purchased..nothing I can do anymore...

any update? i have similar problem

3 minutes ago, brjg said:

any update? i have similar problem

Took it to repair shop...they replaced the head...it was because the printer was not using each few days...