How do I put system on new hard drive??

Maxb89

I currently have the crucial bx500 480gb and im getting the bx500 960gb. Do I have to buy another windoes key and reinstall windows?? How do I do it and how does it work?? A link to a video would be great. Thank you!!

9 minutes ago, Maxb89 said:

How do I do it and how does it work??

Do you want to do a fresh install?

Do you want to transfer all your files from your 480GB SSD to your new 960GB one?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Just now, r2724r16 said:

Do you want to do a fresh install?

Do you want to transfer all your files from your 480GB SSD to your new 960GB one?

Well I wouldnt mind a fresh install and i dont have many files just mainly games / apps i could reinstall. I have an external hard drive i could use to transfer the files so that isnt an issue. Im mainly worried about if i have to buy a new windows key and how to do it if you can transfer files. if you have to buy a new os i would probably transfer, if not probably fresh reset.

1 hour ago, Maxb89 said:

Im mainly worried about if i have to buy a new windows key and how to do it if you can transfer files

All I'm going to say is don't pay any amount of money for a Windows 10 key. There are other ways (which I won't explicitly state on the LTT forums) to activate Windows.

If you don't want to go through the trouble of finding these alternative methods, you can just use Windows with a watermark. Regardless, I have given instructions for a W10 fresh install in this thread:

Lmk if you need help.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

7 hours ago, r2724r16 said:

All I'm going to say is don't pay any amount of money for a Windows 10 key. There are other ways (which I won't explicitly state on the LTT forums) to activate Windows.

If you don't want to go through the trouble of finding these alternative methods, you can just use Windows with a watermark. Regardless, I have given instructions for a W10 fresh install in this thread:

Lmk if you need help.

ok thank you!!