Windows 7 Password Recovery

SoaresGaming

Hey guys, i forgot my password of a computer i don't use a long time ago, when i click "Reset password" it gives a message there is something un-connected. What can I do to fix this?

| Just sitting here, scrolling, judging. |

What's the thing that is un-connected and how are you trying to do it?

i'm a potato

I don't know about that problem specifically, but when my friend's dad forgot his Windows password, I used Hiren's Boot CD to clear the password. It's kind of scary how easy it is.

Guide: http://www.hirensbootcd.org/resetting-windows-password/

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

What's the thing that is un-connected and how are you trying to do it?

A reset disk or something like that.

A reset disk or something like that.

You would need a password reset disk that would need to be created before, try that @CornOnJacob suggested, I've done it and it worked.

P.S.: Form Portugal too?

i'm a potato

I don't know about that problem specifically, but when my friend's dad forgot his Windows password, I used Hiren's Boot CD to clear the password. It's kind of scary how easy it is.

Guide: http://www.hirensbootcd.org/resetting-windows-password/

Does it work if I cant enter the PC?

Does it work if I cant enter the PC?

You need to physically be there so you can boot the computer into HBCD. 

Give us some more details (What you've tried, the exact error message, etc) and maybe you won't need to do that.

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

You would need a password reset disk that would need to be created before, try that @CornOnJacob suggested, I've done it and it worked.

P.S.: Form Portugal too?

Thanks!

And yep, açoreano here :D

You need to physically be there so you can boot the computer into HBCD. 

Give us some more details (What you've tried, the exact error message, etc) and maybe you won't need to do that.

Basically, i only hitted "Reset Password" yet.

The message is : "This feature requires removable media, such as a floppy disk or USB flash drive. Please insert a floppy disk or connect a USB flash drive, and then try again."

I have got the helpful video to help me recover my lost Windows 7 admin password at ease!

Guys, for some reason, my keyboard only gets on when i get up to the W7 login interface. What can I do to fix this?