7970 vs 760 vs 280x vs 770

SuperStroopwafel

Hi guys,

I'm able to sell my 7950 for 230 euro. I can buy a XFX DD 7970 for 230, a MSI Twin Frozr 760 for 210 euro, or should a save up some money and buy a GTX 770 or R9 280x? (both 270 euro)

The games that I play:

- Assassin's creed III & IV

- Natural Selection

- CS:GO

- BF4

- Sniper Elite

- Far Cry 3

- Grid 2

- Next car game.

Thanks.

If I remember correctly, 7970 is just slightly worse than the 280x, and thus much better than the 760. But I have heard bad things about the DD cooler.

But my main question: 

How can you sell your 7950 for more than a new 7970? 

THE signature

If I remember correctly, 7970 is just slightly worse than the 280x, and thus much better than the 760. But I have heard bad things about the DD cooler.

But my main question: 

How can you sell your 7950 for more than a new 7970? 

I have a Sapphire Vapor-X OC cooler on my 7950, that is a premium one, and people on marktplaats are dumb. 

I'd say a gtx 770 but I prefer if you won't upgrade as my advice.

if you really want to upgrade and you want to see a difference.

a gtx 780/r9 r290 or the r9 r290x

so far in my prace right now the sapphire r9 r90x toxic is cheaper than the msi gtx 780 lightning xD (non ti)

Live your life like a dream.

I have a Sapphire Vapor-X OC cooler on my 7950, that is a premium one, and people on marktplaats are dumb. 

They sure are.

This is actually quite a hard decision to make. Rule out the 760, worst value out of all of them. Going by this comparison the best value seems to be the 7970, followed by the GTX770.

But with the 7970 you'd be stuck with a not that awesome cooler. I'd say get the GTX770 MSI Gaming, because of the slight increase in performance over the 7970 and features (shadowplay mannn), but I guess that's personal preference.

THE signature

They sure are.

This is actually quite a hard decision to make. Rule out the 760, worst value out of all of them. Going by this comparison the best value seems to be the 7970, followed by the GTX770.

But with the 7970 you'd be stuck with a not that awesome cooler. I'd say get the GTX770 MSI Gaming, because of the slight increase in performance over the 7970 and features (shadowplay mannn), but I guess that's personal preference.

MSI GTX 770 for me then, thanks! The only thing that is 'kut' is that it doesn't have a backplate.

MSI GTX 770 for me then, thanks! The only thing that is 'kut' is that it doesn't have a backplate.

Yeah, but honestly I wouldn't expect that for one of the cheapest GTX770s available right now. 

THE signature

Yeah, but honestly I wouldn't expect that for one of the cheapest GTX770s available right now. 

It's still an amazing card.

That's not really an upgrade. A good upgrade would be a R9 290 or a GTX 780. I wouldn't bother with the 280X/GTX 770. I would only consider it if you could get them for only marginally more but bundled with a bunch of games, or if the cooler design of the one you're getting is in some way better.

who cares...

^ You have to go to 780/290 or greater for an upgrade.

770 and 7970 with overclocks are just too similar, 280x is just a 7970. 7970 isn't worth much over a 7950.