Bag Lubing??

Shinchuu

hello good morning everyone im just wondering which lube is "best" for bag lubing

im trying out lubing for the first time and i am looking to do a fast and easy job first

before going into spreading the lube on the switches with a paint brush..

hopefully the lube isnt as expensive too for i am a broke boi @_@

also a lubing station with a key opener would be awesome 

like this one from mr.keebs' video

keebs.PNG

Edited by Shinchuu
additional inquiry added

16 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

I use this https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/krytox-gpl-205-grade-0-switch-lubricant-3-ml_944/ amazon sells it, some other places too.

Bag lubing is messy and wasteful imho.

on amazon this one is around 20$ XD  hmmm is there a way that isnt as messy and wasteful that isnt that tiring much to do?

10 minutes ago, Shinchuu said:

on amazon this one is around 20$ XD  hmmm is there a way that isnt as messy and wasteful that isnt that tiring much to do?

On amazon it's much bigger ammount, not 3 ml as in the one I linked. Not that experienced with this, did it with a brush @geo3 maybe you can help?

@sowon might help also. @seon123 maybe you have some experience with this?

I don't know an awful lot about bag lubing, but based off my experience with Krytox 205g0, that stuff is far too thick to bag lube with, even if it's just the springs.

Bag lubing also just sounds extremely wasteful as lube is expensive in itself, so having such excess might yield diminishing returns.

$20 for 3ml of Krytox 205g0 sounds egregious, I use mykeyboard.eu which is what @noxdeouroboros linked above as it's the only place I can get Krytox for cheap in Europe.

4 hours ago, Shinchuu said:

im trying out lubing for the first time and i am looking to do a fast and easy job first

before going into spreading the lube on the switches with a paint brush..

I used to be in your position. I was a rookie luber first time with my Tealios V2. I spent 2-3 hours on them manually with a paintbrush.

Lubing isn't a time-efficient venture, you're going to have to sacrifice your time if you want sufficiently-lubed switches.

You can find out how I lube my switches manually with a paintbrush here.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

I've never bag lubed before.

I would only bag lube springs as that's tats the only part you want completely covered in lube, and I would only do it if I was doing and absolute massive amount of springs. As sowon mentioned lube is expensive and bag lubing is quite wasteful.

17 hours ago, Shinchuu said:

17 hours ago, noxdeouroboros said:

amazon sells it, some other places too.

The ones on amazon are grade 2, I would use grade 0, but grade 2 works well as well, I sometimes use it mixed with 105

Be careful where you get your lube from, not all Krytox is created equal, and some vendors like keys.my (Formally Store Uni) sell really bad lube that often come already disjointed. 

1 hour ago, b emoji said:

Be careful where you get your lube from, not all Krytox is created equal, and some vendors like keys.my (Formally Store Uni) sell really bad lube that often come already disjointed. 

Dang, is this a new thing? I bought 30ml from them about year ago when they had a GB as Store Uni and it came out just fine. 

Disjointed lube? Whats that?

·Ï¢årµ§·

i7 4790k · 32GB Kingston HyperX · MSI Gaming 5 · ... · 30" HP ZR30W + 27" Samsung 275T · 2x240GB Intel 530 in Raid 0 + 2x1TB Crucial MX500 · Lain-Li X2000F · Antec Signature SG-850 · BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3 Pro · Logitech Z5500 · Win10pro 64bit

16 hours ago, IcarusLSC said:

Disjointed lube? Whats that?

Basically, the lube is separated into various components into an oil and little white cottage cheese esque pieces. Storeuni is synonymous for having bad mixes of krytox that separates at natural temperatures, which means that long term, the solution will separate while in your switches. The reason for why this is is not widely agreed upon, some speculate it has something to do with their vendor (They get it from a different factory than Krel), or that their lube has been stored in sub-optimal duration or locations. 

On 3/16/2020 at 4:12 PM, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Dang, is this a new thing? I bought 30ml from them about year ago when they had a GB as Store Uni and it came out just fine. 

Nope, there was a controversy since the first orders they sent out. It's quite widely agreed upon in the custom keyboards community that storeuni lube is an inferior good compared to krels. 

Ah, yes that makes sense. It's probably sat around for a while and separated (cheap stuff does that much faster then decent stuff it seems.)

·Ï¢årµ§·

i7 4790k · 32GB Kingston HyperX · MSI Gaming 5 · ... · 30" HP ZR30W + 27" Samsung 275T · 2x240GB Intel 530 in Raid 0 + 2x1TB Crucial MX500 · Lain-Li X2000F · Antec Signature SG-850 · BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3 Pro · Logitech Z5500 · Win10pro 64bit