Mobo BIOS update

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

A flash back could help, but wise to follow proceedure also when flashing the bios.

Before a flash, you set all defaults and the restart. Then shut down and clear cmos.

After the bios update it is recommended to set all defaults and restart. 

If the system was running well on whatever previous bios you had, flash back to that particular one. If it doesnt need the update, then dont do it.

Hey guys. I just updated my mobo's bios to the lastest one (Asus x470-I, BIOS update version 3004 2019/12/27), and after this update a lot of weird things started to happen. After I updated and went in the BIOS again to re-overclock my RAM to 3400mhz the system kept boot looping until I lowered the clocks to 3266. After that the system boots just fine but another problem struck. All games have started to crash be it after 1 minute of playing or maybe right when the game lauches. Any ideeas of what should I do? Should I downdate my BIOS to a older version?

Edit: Literally anything else works fine. It's just the games that crash

A flash back could help, but wise to follow proceedure also when flashing the bios.

Before a flash, you set all defaults and the restart. Then shut down and clear cmos.

If the system was running well on whatever previous bios you had, flash back to that particular one. If it doesnt need the update, then dont do it.

2 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I downdated the BIOS to the one before the last one and now I don't have problems anymore

1 hour ago, goodfellows22 said:

I downdated the BIOS to the one before the last one and now I don't have problems anymore

Good good.