Which Cooler should I go?

Go to solution Solved by omardlt1,
19 minutes ago, Definitely Avin said:

I'm planning to change my stock cooler to GAMMAXX GT TGA Tuf Edition or GAMMAXX L240T.

I'm using Ryzen 5 2600

With gigabyte b450m ds3h

And a 600W psu 80+

I just know how to play games. But I dunno how to properly build one.

If you're not overclocking, that'd be kind of an overkill cooler, in my opinion. Personally I have a Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition paired to my Core-i5 8600k (which I will slightly overclock within the next few days). So far the maximum my CPU has heated up while under load (playing GTA V on high/ultra) is 63C.

Given that the new Ryzen CPU's aren't as notorios for heating up as their predecessors, you could go for something similar to what I have if you want to save a few dollars and still keep the CPU temps in check. If money's not an issue, I'd go for the GT. If you plan to overclock in the future then I'd consider the liquid cooling option, depending on the degree of overclocking you'd be doing, or having someone else configure for you.

With whatever option you decide to go with, don't forget to apply a pea-sized glob of thermal paste on top of the CPU before installing the cooler (there should be a coating of thermal paste between the CPU and the CPU cooler). Some already come with the thermal paste pre-applied, but I tend to remove that and apply it on my own so that I'm satisfied with the application.

I'm planning to change my stock cooler to GAMMAXX GT TGA Tuf Edition or GAMMAXX L240T.

I'm using Ryzen 5 2600

With gigabyte b450m ds3h

And a 600W psu 80+

19 minutes ago, Definitely Avin said:

I'm using Ryzen 5 2600

With gigabyte b450m ds3h

And a 600W psu 80+

If you're not overclocking, that'd be kind of an overkill cooler, in my opinion. Personally I have a Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition paired to my Core-i5 8600k (which I will slightly overclock within the next few days). So far the maximum my CPU has heated up while under load (playing GTA V on high/ultra) is 63C.

Given that the new Ryzen CPU's aren't as notorios for heating up as their predecessors, you could go for something similar to what I have if you want to save a few dollars and still keep the CPU temps in check. If money's not an issue, I'd go for the GT. If you plan to overclock in the future then I'd consider the liquid cooling option, depending on the degree of overclocking you'd be doing, or having someone else configure for you.

With whatever option you decide to go with, don't forget to apply a pea-sized glob of thermal paste on top of the CPU before installing the cooler (there should be a coating of thermal paste between the CPU and the CPU cooler). Some already come with the thermal paste pre-applied, but I tend to remove that and apply it on my own so that I'm satisfied with the application.

MoBo: Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 (rev. 1) | CPU: Intel Core-i5 8600k | GPU: ZOTAC RTX 2070 Super 8gb Twin Fan | RAM: 2x 8gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition | PSU: Thermaltake Smart Pro RGB 650w 80-Plus Bronze | Storage: 1x ADATA 120gb SSD + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2tb HDD | Case: Corsair Carbide 275R (white)

5 hours ago, Definitely Avin said:

I'm using Ryzen 5 2600

With gigabyte b450m ds3h

And a 600W psu 80+

Hi there, both coolers should be good. The Gammaxx GT TGA is just Gammaxx 400 with RGB and a better look, they perform on par or better with Cooler Master Hyper 212. If you just want to cool it and have some minor overclock then go with the Gammaxx 400, if you want better looks then go with the GT TGA. If you want to overclock it further, then go with the watercooler

15 hours ago, omardlt1 said:

Thank you so much! I actually don't know how to overclock so... I think I'll just go with GT. Thank you very much for replying.

10 hours ago, iM8Pizza said:

Hi there, both coolers should be good. The Gammaxx GT TGA is just Gammaxx 400 with RGB and a better look, they perform on par or better with Cooler Master Hyper 212. If you just want to cool it and have some minor overclock then go with the Gammaxx 400, if you want better looks then go with the GT TGA. If you want to overclock it further, then go with the watercooler

Thank you so much sir. I'd consider watercooling when I learn how to overclock my cpu.