Question for Enthoo Primo owners

I will be getting an Enthoo Primo next week, pretty excited about it, but I have a silly question. 

For the PWM Fan hub, did you guys connect it to the Mobo? Or to a 5.25 fan controller? I heard Linus mention something about checking the Phanteks site for compatibility of the hub and the mobo. I checked, but could not find anything about hub and mobo compatibility, unless I heard wrong. I'm running a Maximus VI Hero. 

Thanks for reading! :D

I will be getting an Enthoo Primo next week, pretty excited about it, but I have a silly question. 

For the PWM Fan hub, did you guys connect it to the Mobo? Or to a 5.25 fan controller? I heard Linus mention something about checking the Phanteks site for compatibility of the hub and the mobo. I checked, but could not find anything about hub and mobo compatibility, unless I heard wrong. I'm running a Maximus VI Hero. 

Thanks for reading! :D

Plugged on mobo, have a maximus vi formula. Only problem I have is with fanxpert2, it doesnt recognize the hub when you scan it. The way I did it was to plug it in the cpu fan header (it at least recognizes smth) and never run the scan, leave it and manually control the curve. At least i got 11 fans off one header so it's pretty cool

CPU: Intel i7-4770k MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Formula RAM: G.Skill RipJawsX 2x8GB 1600Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 780 DCuII CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo STORAGE: ADATA SX900 256GB / WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair AX760 760W MONITOR: Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM KEYBOARD: Ducky Shine 3 MOUSE: Logitech G602 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/106614-project-insert-name-enthoo-primo-rigid-acrylic-red/

Plugged on mobo, have a maximus vi formula. Only problem I have is with fanxpert2, it doesnt recognize the hub when you scan it. The way I did it was to plug it in the cpu fan header (it at least recognizes smth) and never run the scan, leave it and manually control the curve. At least i got 11 fans off one header so it's pretty cool

Nice, thanks for the info! I may be plugging in more fans, so if I get a fan controller, think it would be safe to plug it in there as well?

Nice, thanks for the info! I may be plugging in more fans, so if I get a fan controller, think it would be safe to plug it in there as well?

This is just a guess but depending on the number of fans plugged in the hub, the controller might not have enough power to drive all of them. In that case you might want to connect that molex power on the hub as well

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

CPU: Intel i7-4770k MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Formula RAM: G.Skill RipJawsX 2x8GB 1600Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 780 DCuII CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo STORAGE: ADATA SX900 256GB / WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair AX760 760W MONITOR: Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM KEYBOARD: Ducky Shine 3 MOUSE: Logitech G602 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/106614-project-insert-name-enthoo-primo-rigid-acrylic-red/