Suggestions for 250-300$

Bruh1

Hello everyone.

I'm relatively new to pc building , its my first time doing it , and I've done some research and I have decent ideas for all the parts , I have a budget of around 900$.

I was considering 2 options for 1080p gaming: 

-rx 5600 xt which would cost me 300$

-gtx 1660 super for 240$

Since the budget is a bit tight i was considering the super so I can spend the extra cash on other parts.

I'm open to all sorts of advice and recommendations. 

Thanks in advance.

4 minutes ago, CreativeName642 said:

What's the rest of your system?

I'm going for a:

-Ryzen 5 3600 (considering to spend the 60$ on a separate cooler cause I read bad reviews about the stock cooler being bad around 90C while gaming and gets a bit loud) 

-corsair vengeance 2x8 kit not RGB

-b450 tomahawk max

-case I'm not quite sure yet but might go for a fractal design G cause seen some good reviews and cheap

-a 1 TB ssd (don't really need a hard-drive I don't install that many games) 

-I've seen a good deal on Amazon for a 550w gold plus corsair power supply tho not sure if 550w is enough for all of this. 

do you plan one leaving the side panel on or off? if on then you need to make sure the dimensions of the GPU are going to fit inside the case (LxWxH).

1TB is not much, even without games.

With a 1tb budget you can get 256gb ssd + 3tb hdd.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Ok, well as far as I can tell, the 1660 Super is better that the RX 5600 xt in both price and performance.

1 minute ago, tdkid said:

do you plan one leaving the side panel on or off? if on then you need to make sure the dimensions of the GPU are going to fit inside the case (LxWxH).

Oh I see, I've never considered that, gotta do some research on that too

Thanks

2 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

1TB is not much, even without games.

With a 1tb budget you can get 256gb ssd + 3tb hdd.

For me it's kinda enough cause I mainly play multi-player games like cs go/dota 2/world of warcraft 

I do occasionally play single player games tho. 

I have really good internet speed( 1 gb/s download would reach like 80/90 megabytes per sec) if  I don't have space I can uninstall/install games in no time

looks like a good build. for $300, i'd try to find a rx5700. i wouldn't spend money on a cooler until you are actually not happy with the stock one. for most people, stock is good enough. 550w gold corsair is perfect. the rest of the build looks good as well. i would stick to the 1tbb ssd and by the time it fills up, you'll have enough money to get more drive space.

5 minutes ago, CreativeName642 said:

Ok, well as far as I can tell, the 1660 Super is better that the RX 5600 xt in both price and performance.

Peformance wise the rx 5600 xt beats the super after the many benchmarks I've seen, even in a Linus video (it's time to upgrade your graphics card) he compares the 1660 super to the rx 5600 xt and the rx beats the super by quite a bit in 1080p gaming

5 minutes ago, Bruh1 said:

Oh I see, I've never considered that, gotta do some research on that too

Thanks

you are welcome. I know how much that would have sucked to find out the GPU will not fit in the case and either have to return it being out a computer for several more weeks or running it with the side panel off. I have been looking into the rtx 2070 supers myself as my budget is bigger but its going to be a tight fit in my case for that card.

use pcpartpicker to confgure your build. it's pretty good at figuring out clearances/dimensions/compatibilities

2 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

looks like a good build. for $300, i'd try to find a rx5700. i wouldn't spend money on a cooler until you are actually not happy with the stock one. for most people, stock is good enough. 550w gold corsair is perfect. the rest of the build looks good as well. i would stick to the 1tbb ssd and by the time it fills up, you'll have enough money to get more drive space.

I see. 

Thanks for the suggestions I'll try to dig a bit deeper for the 5700.

2 minutes ago, tdkid said:

you are welcome. I know how much that would have sucked to find out the GPU will not fit in the case and either have to return it being out a computer for several more weeks or running it with the side panel off. I have been looking into the rtx 2070 supers myself as my budget is bigger but its going to be a tight fit in my case for that card.

I have seen how beefy the rtx cards can be. But the 5600 xt or the 1660 super look like they could fit in any decent none compact case.

Perhaps consider a B-stock EVGA RTX 2060 for $260?

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=06G-P4-2060-RX

The catch is, it only comes with a 1 year warranty

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

1 minute ago, Bruh1 said:

I have seen how beefy the rtx cards can be. But the 5600 xt or the 1660 super look like they could fit in any decent none compact case.

they more than likely will but AMD has been having a few issues over the past few weeks with their latest driver update to where people are uninstalling them and reinstalling the previous version. but I wouldn't choose anything on AMD myself if only for design purposes. I mean the GPU I have right now is one of the stupidest designs I have seen in a card.

5 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Thanks for the list man I'll check these out and see if I can get this rig going. 

6 minutes ago, BarackOBatman said:

Perhaps consider a B-stock EVGA RTX 2060 for $260?

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=06G-P4-2060-RX

The catch is, it only comes with a 1 year warranty

I think the catch is that it's single fan, I've heard that it affects performance quite a bit sometimes. But that looks like a really good deal, rtx 2060 for 260$ that's pretty good. 

14 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

oh wow , quite a bit of stuff is currently out of stock , is it cause of the recent health issues? Dam

I'm considering to wait like 3-4 months but not sure if its gonna become much worse or better since the vaccine is gonna start human testing on April and hopefully they'll find a treatment soon after that...

Edit: half of the stuff is from New egg and i clicked on buy from amazon that's why, my fault!

These items are currently unavailable:
G.Skill RipJaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin SDRAM PC4-28800 DDR4 3600 CL16-19-19-39 1.35V Dual Channel Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C16D-16GVKC
Crucial P1 1TB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD - CT1000P1SSD8
Fractal Design FD-CA-Focus-BK-W Focus G - Mid Tower Computer Case - ATX - High Airflow - 2X Silent ll Series 120mm White LED Fans Included - USB 3.0 - Window Side Panel - Black

5 minutes ago, Bruh1 said:

I think the catch is that it's single fan, I've heard that it affects performance quite a bit sometimes. But that looks like a really good deal, rtx 2060 for 260$ that's pretty good. 

same build, but with the 2060 instead

these all sound likes great computer parts to me but make sure you look at the actual maker of them like Nvidia and etc. as they might have sales and special bundle deals going on so you can get some extra things too.