Ryzen upgrade has led to headaches

After seeing the LTT video on upgrading now, I pulled the trigger on going from a 4790k showing its age to a 3900x with an Asus ROG Strix X570e-gaming motherboard as well as 32GB if vengeance pro RGB and a Samsung 970 NVME ssd. Bench tested on the box first with my GTX750, no problems and installed windows on the SSD. Installed into my DIY PC desk, both 1080s, h110i pro, my old ssds and hdd, all known working stuff. First boot up and set up some more c drive programs. Weird hiccups in transfer speeds, but chalked it up to my old ssds and random files including some config files etc. Played some Outer Worlds, everything looked amazing. Finally, I checked my graphics settings to make sure my new AOC ultrawide was on the right settings. Weird, only one 1080. Eventually I check the bios, and nope nothing detected on second PCIE slot. Third works but nothing on second, neither my 1080 or 750. I get ahold of ASUS tech support, recommend RMA board. I try another bios flash since I updated and a new bios dropped, flash it and suddenly I don’t POST at all. Q code 02 and 06 varying. Screw it, I order a new board and return the old one through amazon. Just got the new board, once again test it before fastening etc with a 1080 and 750 in the second slot. Boots, detected, sweet. Install, both 1080s, doesn’t post all issues again. Doesn’t work with any graphics card. Is my 3900x bricking the board when I try dual SLI cards? Could a 1080 suddenly have gone so bad that it fries a pcie slot? Any ideas? No bent pins on the CPU, tried a different board, all I can think is bad CPU or somehow my 1080 kicked the bucket. I spent 1k on upgrades to brick my PC. Thanks to anyone with insight.

4 minutes ago, doorgoo said:

all I can think is bad CPU or somehow my 1080 kicked the bucket.

you could check them both independently, and both in the first and second slot by themselves

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

you could check them both independently, and both in the first and second slot by themselves

I’m just scared to brick my old board now, gave it to my girlfriend who had an old scrapyard style build. But I guess between that and going back to Best Buy for a new CPU... wish me luck on not killing another board!

You have 2 GTX 1080's on SLI?

The E-Gaming is listed as 2 way SLI capable.

You have the bridge installed correclty?

33 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

You have 2 GTX 1080's on SLI?

The E-Gaming is listed as 2 way SLI capable.

You have the bridge installed correclty?

Yes, two 1080s and two soft bridges. Identical setup as on my previous 4790k setup. Also, correction it’s a 3800x. A bit stressed out over this and brain farted.

2 minutes ago, doorgoo said:

Yes, two 1080s and two soft bridges. Identical setup as on my previous 4790k setup. Also, correction it’s a 3800x. A bit stressed out over this and brain farted.

Well technically there is nothing missmatched. So perhaps the RMA on the board is best

Have you tried a single gpu in both PCIe lanes, to see if both are working? Try each card in a lane you know is working... Idk.

Well, switching back to the old board resulted in no post with both 1080s, first 1080 alone has some graphical issues and the second 1080 doesn’t post. Somehow I managed to mess them both up it seems who knows how. GTX 750 is just fine. However, oddly enough it seems like the Ryzen board bricks itself while my old 4790k is doing alright. ? Is it possible that a bad CPU could fry the two cards and PCIE lanes???

Guess it could be the power supply too on the PCIE connectors

Swapped connectors around, no change. Graphics cards or CPU is all I can think of.

How do I go about having the motherboard/cpu diagnosed? I’m starting to suspect by order of symptoms that a bad PCIE lane fried the second card, then the second card killed both motherboards through what must be a weak point in the AMD architecture? Because while the card no longer worked on my intel system, it didn’t manage to kill any slots.