Gaming Mouse Recommendations

Izumo

I started out with the Logitech G502 Proteous Core and after 2-3 years the Right-Mouse Button started giving me issues. I then bought the G502 HERO and within 1 year the same issue started happening on that one. Right-Mouse Click basically just happens whenever it wants to, doesn't matter how light or hard I press the button, it sometimes might not respond.

I have been considering buying the Razer Naga Trinity simply because it has enough buttons and functionality compared to the G502 series for my personal gaming needs, however, reviews of the required software and other clicking issues has me doubting if this is the right mouse.

Any feedback on either of these mice or recommendations on other similar mice; i.e. wide DPI range, 10+ programmable buttons, wired preferred*, RGB is optional; is appreciated.

* "wired preferred": It can be wireless, but must have a forward facing charging port so it can be used plugged in 24/7.

I've personally never had problems with Synapse (and pretty much all my peripherals are from Razer, so I rely on Synapse a lot). With that being said, I'm always careful to recommend razer mouses, I've had two of them fail on me (although that was after heavy use and lots of travel).

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

35 minutes ago, Izumo said:

I started out with the Logitech G502 Proteous Core and after 2-3 years the Right-Mouse Button started giving me issues. I then bought the G502 HERO and within 1 year the same issue started happening on that one. Right-Mouse Click basically just happens whenever it wants to, doesn't matter how light or hard I press the button, it sometimes might not respond.

I have been considering buying the Razer Naga Trinity simply because it has enough buttons and functionality compared to the G502 series for my personal gaming needs, however, reviews of the required software and other clicking issues has me doubting if this is the right mouse.

Any feedback on either of these mice or recommendations on other similar mice; i.e. wide DPI range, 10+ programmable buttons, wired preferred*, RGB is optional; is appreciated.

* "wired preferred": It can be wireless, but must have a forward facing charging port so it can be used plugged in 24/7.

Logitech G pro wireless ! Best mouse ever 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

what are you planning to do with the mouse? preferred size ? weight?

for now, i would personally recommend the basilisk and or the logitech G604 (keep in mind this does use batteries)

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

4 minutes ago, Oswin said:

what are you planning to do with the mouse? preferred size ? weight?

for now, i would personally recommend the basilisk and or the logitech G604 (keep in mind this does use batteries)

Mostly FPS gaming, with occasional MMOs. Size..... Medium sized latex gloves if that gives you an idea of my hand. The G502 is pretty comfortable for me in terms of size. Don't really care about weight.

I considered the Basilisk but didn't seem like a mouse that would suit my needs. Never considered the G604 because the thumb buttons seemed a little too small from the pictures, and in general, I just dislike wireless overall. Dealing with dying batteries has always been one thing that triggers me more than lag. But as I mentioned, if it can be plugged in 24/7 and used as if it was wired, then there's no issues, that's how I have my XBox 1 controller set up.

22 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Logitech G pro wireless ! Best mouse ever 

Doesn't have 10+ buttons. Thanks for the suggestion though. 

50 minutes ago, myselfolli said:

I've personally never had problems with Synapse (and pretty much all my peripherals are from Razer, so I rely on Synapse a lot). With that being said, I'm always careful to recommend razer mouses, I've had two of them fail on me (although that was after heavy use and lots of travel).

I can relate to heavy use, however travel is one thing I never do. You say they've failed on you, but how long in between was that? Did they last a few years before failing, or a few months? Also, what is "failing" in your case? Did clicks stop working or did they break down physically?

19 minutes ago, Izumo said:

I can relate to heavy use, however travel is one thing I never do. You say they've failed on you, but how long in between was that? Did they last a few years before failing, or a few months? Also, what is "failing" in your case? Did clicks stop working or did they break down physically?

The left click stopped working one of my Rarzer Mamba TEs after about 1 1/2 - 2 years, but that was while I was in school and I would travel with my mouse daily, which probably didn't help. Another one had a problem with the laser sensor, after maybe 1 year.

I've had another Mamba TE (sue me, I like the mouse ^^), which I've since replaced with the new Viper Ultimate. Neither of which have given me any issues.

Keep in mind, that all of the mice that have broken on me have lasted at least a year and they failed after heavy use and lots of travel. Once I stopped taking them everywhere with me (I finished school, so that wasn't an issue anymore), I haven't had any problems

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

Given any look to A G600 or a Corsair Scimitar?

I've been running at G600 for several years now, been very happy with it. I recently (within the last year, I don't remember exactly) picked up a Scimitar, I've had trouble adjusting to it as my grip is different, and the mouse wheel click has much more resistance. My grip sits somewhere between claw and palm, and the contour of the Scimitar fits my grip much better than the G600.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

2 hours ago, Izumo said:

Mostly FPS gaming, with occasional MMOs. Size..... Medium sized latex gloves if that gives you an idea of my hand. The G502 is pretty comfortable for me in terms of size. Don't really care about weight.

I considered the Basilisk but didn't seem like a mouse that would suit my needs. Never considered the G604 because the thumb buttons seemed a little too small from the pictures, and in general, I just dislike wireless overall. Dealing with dying batteries has always been one thing that triggers me more than lag. But as I mentioned, if it can be plugged in 24/7 and used as if it was wired, then there's no issues, that's how I have my XBox 1 controller set up.

how about the G903?

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

I had the G900, G903 which was ok but I had to rma it due to the left click issue. The rma worked great, and later I decided to get the G502 lightspeed because I loved my old G502 but cannot go back to wired again.

**Intel 14900K**Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master X**Gigabyte 4090 Aorus Master**G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 64GB DDR-6800**Lian Li Galahad II 360mm**Inland M2 SSD 4TB**2 Samsung 870 QVO 8TB**MSI MEG Ai1300P PCIE5**Li Lian Evo RGB**ASUS PG42UQ**Logitech G Pro X TKL**Logitech G502X Plus**Windows 11 Pro**

11 hours ago, Semper said:

Given any look to A G600 or a Corsair Scimitar?

I've been running at G600 for several years now, been very happy with it. I recently (within the last year, I don't remember exactly) picked up a Scimitar, I've had trouble adjusting to it as my grip is different, and the mouse wheel click has much more resistance. My grip sits somewhere between claw and palm, and the contour of the Scimitar fits my grip much better than the G600.

Recently bought a G600 to replace my original Razer Naga Molten. I loved my naga, but the MMB failed on it. I wanted a new naga but was cautious because of all the Synapse complaints, plus my own experience having to juggle two versions of synapse at the same time was mediocre at best. After some research the G600 was really my only other option. Overall I love this mouse. The logitech software is great, super easy to use, etc. My only complaint about the mouse is its overall construction is a little on the cheap side, it's mostly lightweight plastic, the scroll wheel kinda feels like the one on those cheap wireless mice you get, and i noticed the left click actuates if you lift the mouse and place it down on your desk with some force. Being said, the mouse is cheap, at only $30 it felt like a steal compared to Razer. I also loved the layout of the side buttons compared to my naga, the third mouse button (the "g-shift) took a little getting used to though.