Best option for storage

SmilesRising

Hello! I'm in the process of removing my old harddrive for another storage solution. i need storage for big files such as games and other programs and im wondering what would be the best option, right now i have a 2tb HDD which is quite noicy and on its way out. 

Right now im looking at this and this

what would you guys recommend? i need at least 2tb and have a budget of 300-400$ 

Watches and computers                    

QVO = QVno, at least for a boot drive. The WD Blue is DRAMless, also not ideal for a boot drive. The maximum price to performance, imo and not sure of the prices in Sweden, would be something like a 250-ish GB SATA or M.2 NVMe SSD for your OS and a 4TB HDD for everything else. If you'd rather just go M.2, look for an NVMe drive with MLC or TLC and DRAM.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

18 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

QVO = QVno, at least for a boot drive. The WD Blue is DRAMless, also not ideal for a boot drive. The maximum price to performance, imo and not sure of the prices in Sweden, would be something like a 250-ish GB SATA or M.2 NVMe SSD for your OS and a 4TB HDD for everything else. If you'd rather just go M.2, look for an NVMe drive with MLC or TLC and DRAM.

i have a 240gb ssd for OS right now and a 2tb hdd for the heavy stuff but i thought since the harddrive is old and on its way out i would swap it for an ssd or something faster and silent

Watches and computers                    

2 hours ago, aisle9 said:

WD 3D Blue do have DRAM.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

1 hour ago, Mihle said:

WD 3D Blue do have DRAM.

Derp, I thought that was an SN550

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.