Problem with new "pc" compatible headset (only has audio 3.5 jack for audio not microphone)

So I bought a BigBen headset. Which said on the box compatible with both ps4, pc, mac and android devices. Since I use a ps4, pc and watch netflix on my smartphone this looked good.

The sound works, it works just fine. But not the mic on pc. Haven't tested on android phone 

I only has 1 3.5 jack output for sound, so that works fine, but it doesn't have a jack for microfoon, so on PC the microphone doesn't work. (it works fine on PS4)

Can I solve this with a 3.5 jack splitter as seen in the picture?

one jack comes in, two jacks come out?

Like this one: Jack Adapter, 4 pins, 3.5mm jack socket naar 2 x 3.5mm jack plug

(I have a USB external soundcard (onboard is broken). I now plug in my loudspeakers via 3.5mm jack, and if I want to use a mic I plug in a separate standalone 3.5 jack mic. So I have to use two things. Kinda annoying)

This is wat I have now:

spacer.png

Something like this? (example)

spacer.png

I've also seen something similiar but with USB

Built in soundcard.. So I can bypass my current soundcard? (EXAMPLE: MillSO 3.5mm to USB jack audio adapter ideal to connect a TRRS 4-pole CTIA 3.5mm headset, TRRS mic or speaker to PC via USB interface. One combo interface support stereo sound listening + speaking, dual functions. Easily add a 3.5mm TRRS aux port for your devices, or use it as a replacement for a failed USB sound card audio adapter)

spacer.png

How can I use my headset my mic, which both work on ps4 & android, but not with pc on pc (fully incuding the mic)

Purpose: Online gaming, talk to buddies on Discord

If the headset connector has 4 segments, then it has the microphone and headphones signals combined in one jack.

If you insert that connector into a regular jack, the microphone signal is ignored (gets shorted out to ground, the ring closest to base of connector, so the microphone isn't usaable)spacer.png

So what you need to do is get an adapter cable which splits the 4 contact connector into separate headphones and microphone connectors, the one in your second picture:

Green is standard color for headphones / stereo speakers and pink is standard color for microphone.

The other devices in your pictures are basically usb sound cards, which have headphones/speakers output and microphone input.

You need to configure the usb sound card as default sound card in Windows or Mac and then you could connect the headset to it. The sound card in the last picture has a 4 contact jack, so it would be able to take both headphones and microphone in.

My headset has a TRSS jack (4 segments, like my little handfree kit that came with my smartphone and unlike my regular speakers with 3 segments

(I suppose that's why it works on my smartphone (xperia, not sure if that matters) and ps4?)

Might be worth checking your audio drivers etc. There are options to select headset/mic combo when there is only 1 jack, lots of people use iPhone headphones with laptops due to this being an option.

To no avail. It's not a laptop though, it's an 2011 i5 Desktop