Gtx 1050 ti - i5 2400 vs i7 2600 noticable difference?

Go to solution Solved by NunoBrandao,

This is easy to figure out.

Install MSI AfterBurner, Setup the HUD with stats of CPU load and GPU load.

Which one is at 100%? GPU, CPU, Both?

If GPU is at 100% "upgading"  the CPU will give you a bit of improvement but not much.

Is CPU at 100% and GPU not? GPU is waiting for CPU so CPU "upgrade" will help.

Etc

I think you see the point.

Gtx 1050 ti - i5 2400 vs i7 2600 noticable difference?

worth upgrading from i5 2400 to i7 2600 for 50€ ? I am playing at 1080p..

28DD9A17-19D2-422B-BA7D-C0CE6FA25340.png

524570C2-2CC2-4DD3-835F-95AB704EE8F3.png

Basically every game you listed will like the 2600 and you'll most likely get a bit of a boost in quite a few games but it's still just a 1050ti.

I wouldn't bother and get an SSD instead, if you don't have that.

So what did you end up doing with gtx 1060?

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Basically every game you listed will like the 2600 and you'll most likely get a bit of a boost in quite a few games but it's still just a 1050ti.

Im also playing bf5 and witcher 3, devil may cry 5 final fantasy and such... i somt know to what gpu to upgrade my 1050 ti already tried rx 570 and 1060 6gb and they didnt work on my pc and had to sell them

Just now, noxdeouroboros said:

I wouldn't bother and get an SSD instead, if you don't have that.

So what did you end up doing with gtx 1060?

Ssd would give me faster loading screen right ? And faster internet browsing, what about performance?

i had to sell 1060.. hope it works for the guy that bought it.. rlly dont wanna be that guy that sells broken gpus

2 minutes ago, Pomfrit said:

Ssd would give me faster loading screen right ? And faster internet browsing, what about performance?

i had to sell 1060.. hope it works for the guy that bought it.. rlly dont wanna be that guy that sells broken gpus

SSD won't affect gaming performance, just faster loading and overall better/snappier experience using your pc. SSD these days is a must, even smaller capacity.

That's a bit of a dick move... You should have tested it in on some friends pc before selling.

1 minute ago, noxdeouroboros said:

SSD won't affect gaming performance, just faster loading and overall better/snappier experience using your pc. SSD these days is a must, even smaller capacity.

That's a bit of a dick move... You should have tested it in on some friends pc before selling.

I know.. hope it works for him otherwise ill have to take it back

This is easy to figure out.

Install MSI AfterBurner, Setup the HUD with stats of CPU load and GPU load.

Which one is at 100%? GPU, CPU, Both?

If GPU is at 100% "upgading"  the CPU will give you a bit of improvement but not much.

Is CPU at 100% and GPU not? GPU is waiting for CPU so CPU "upgrade" will help.

Etc

I think you see the point.

7 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Do you think i should even get s better gpu ? I am afraid if it wont work, for the third time -.- are there any better gpus than 1050ti for old motherboards and 450w psus..?

7 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

I rlly want a bit more performance for 1080p but idk how if nothing works.. maybe i should stick to this pc for like 1 more year and then buy a totallydifferent pc with. Ewer conponents

10 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Maybe even without a power connector

2 minutes ago, Pomfrit said:

I rlly want a bit more performance for 1080p but idk how if nothing works.. maybe i should stick to this pc for like 1 more year and then buy a totallydifferent pc with. Ewer conponents

If you can save some money and buy a pc after a year then definitely don't waste your money and save up.

Just now, noxdeouroboros said:

If you can save some money and buy a pc after a year then definitely don't waste your money and save up.

Ok will do that and leave this old pc as it is ^^for now the games that im playing are doing good with some cutom settings but still something keeps me wanna upgrade lol... i wonder if a mini itx rx 570 would work if the double fan rx 570 didnt work

Just now, Pomfrit said:

Ok will do that and leave this old pc as it is ^^for now the games that im playing are doing good with some cutom settings but still something keeps me wanna upgrade lol... i wonder if a mini itx rx 570 would work if the double fan rx 570 didnt work

In your case I would try finding a seller near you that is willing to let you verify the gpu works correctly in their system, because you just might have stumbled on unreliable sellers that sell dead(ish) parts.

6 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

In your case I would try finding a seller near you that is willing to let you verify the gpu works correctly in their system, because you just might have stumbled on unreliable sellers that sell dead(ish) parts.

Could be.. my gf has a mini itx rx 570 but i dont wanna kill her card lol

4 minutes ago, Pomfrit said:

Could be.. my gf has a mini itx rx 570 but i dont wanna kill her card lol

You won't, if your pc killed gpu's your 1050 would be dead also.

3 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

You won't, if your pc killed gpu's your 1050 would be dead also.

Thats true and i can confirm that the 1050ti works perfectly... still dont know what was the cause for the rx 570 dual fan to not even boot my pc.. had a black screen and in the lower right corner there was number 0.... and the 1060 booted my pc normally and when i started to play games the monitor tuned of and the fans went to 100% thats so wierd... idk if its my mobo or psu... or even the psu power cable ..:/

Just now, Pomfrit said:

Thats true and i can confirm that the 1050ti works perfectly... still dont know what was the cause for the rx 570 dual fan to not even boot my pc.. had a black screen and in the lower right corner there was number 0.... and the 1060 booted my pc normally and when i started to play games the monitor tuned of and the fans went to 100% thats so wierd... idk if its my mobo or psu... or even the psu power cable ..:/

I would just try that mini rx 570, you could confirm if those cards where faulty.

5 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

I would just try that mini rx 570, you could confirm if those cards where faulty.

Dual rx 570 was not faulty .. it was my pc but why... not sure about 1060 :s

6 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Thank you for everything man really helped me alot will all your help:)

On 3/6/2020 at 2:44 PM, noxdeouroboros said:

Do you think a rx 470 would work on my pc ? I can get it cheap... bit cant try it before buy :/ it requieres only 400w psu... could get it for 65€

Just now, Pomfrit said:

Do you think a rx 470 would work on my pc ? I can get it cheap... bit cant try it before buy :/ it requieres only 400w psu... could get it for 65€

Is the seller willing to take it back if it doesn't work?

Didnt ask yet.. he lives far away. Also 1060 6gb worked for the buyer :) gladly

But what worries me is that i will have to sell my 1050ti before buying the 470

Just now, Pomfrit said:

But what worries me is that i will have to sell my 1050ti before buying the 470

Don't buy it.

1 minute ago, Pomfrit said:

1060 6gb worked for the buyer

Don't buy it x2. It means your pc is the cause of all the issues. Just try your girlfriends gpu.