p400a top mounted aio

SickBangerzM9

So I have been reading online the case doesn't allow top mounted aio's but from what I have seen so far, it doesn't look like it would be obstructed at all. I have a 120 mm radiator and to me, looking at the pictures, it looks like it would fit just fine. What am I not seeing?

Possibly the depth of the motherboard tray in conjunction with the fan mount on top.

When you take into account the thickness of radiator and fan it can often conflict with the top of the motherboard.

Official info:

image.thumb.png.2232fe895908e3160246bea916523a3a.png

To my eyes it just doesn't look like there is a ton of clearance at the top to be honest. Your radiator will likely hit the motherboard or memory.

But feel free to try it out! Or look on PCPartPicker for people using this case and a watercooler and check if anyone has been able to fit it at the top.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Depending on the motherboard, 120mm AIO may fit above the RAM slots, but i wouldn't expect that with 99% of modern motherboards since they usually have VRM heatsink and RAM slots in relatively the same location which matters in this situation, there are simply no room for the radiator.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply