(HELP) Friends pc runs super low FPS with great specs

1 minute ago, Noltez said:

He bought it 3 years ago

With a 2070? Wait, did he upgrade the gpu without checking if the power supply could handle it?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

With a 2070? Wait, did he upgrade the gpu without checking if the power supply could handle it?

He didn鈥檛 check no that may be the issue. But wouldn鈥檛 the pc not work at all if the psu couldn鈥檛 handle it? It works just rly bad FPS聽

1 hour ago, Noltez said:

8gbs of 2400mhz ram

Dual or single channel configuration?

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X聽with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler聽
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb聽Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)
Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

1 minute ago, Noltez said:

He didn鈥檛 check no that may be the issue. But wouldn鈥檛 the pc not work at all if the psu couldn鈥檛 handle it? It works just rly bad FPS聽

It depends, usually yes but in some cases it can lead to weird behavior if the power supply is being overdrawn and can't provide enough power reliably. That doesn't sound like your case but it certainly would be nice to figure out what's up with that power supply... isn't there a label on it or something?

Also again, check his gpu, cpu and memory usage, that should give us a much better idea of what's going on.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

8 minutes ago, Sauron said:

It depends, usually yes but in some cases it can lead to weird behavior if the power supply is being overdrawn and can't provide enough power reliably. That doesn't sound like your case but it certainly would be nice to figure out what's up with that power supply... isn't there a label on it or something?

Also again, check his gpu, cpu and memory usage, that should give us a much better idea of what's going on.

I will check usage and try to find psu when I get home. I鈥檓 trying to find it online but I can鈥檛. The name is an msi night blade it came originally with an 1060 and an i7-7700k if you would like to have a shot of finding it for now

2 hours ago, Sauron said:

Im pretty sure this is the one he has聽https://www.msi.com/Desktop/Nightblade-MIB/Specification

Mother board >MSI MICRO-STAR MS-B9071 LGA1151聽

Power supply >聽350W 80 Plus Bronze (1U)

is that the problem it has an聽350W 80 Plus Bronze (1U) power supply with a 2070 and an i7-7700

2 hours ago, MadAnt250 said:

Dual or single channel configuration?

dual

8 hours ago, Noltez said:

Im pretty sure this is the one he has聽https://www.msi.com/Desktop/Nightblade-MIB/Specification

is that the problem it has an聽350W 80 Plus Bronze (1U) power supply with a 2070 and an i7-7700

IF HIS PSU IS 350 THE YOU GO A HUGE PROBLEM WITCH MIGHT LEAD TO AN UNUSUALL BEHAVIOR聽

16 hours ago, Noltez said:

In theory it's enough power but just barely. Still waiting on those usage statistics.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

20 hours ago, Sauron said:

Oh right, all low.

open geforce control pannel is the monitor connected to the chraphics card?

prs nvidea.jpg

16 hours ago, Noltez said:

that is way to low power i sugest 750W or so

8 hours ago, the heck with this said:

IF HIS PSU IS 350 THE YOU GO A HUGE PROBLEM WITCH MIGHT LEAD TO AN UNUSUALL BEHAVIOR聽

It is a massive issue, and if he鈥檚 pc starts working to full potential, that will definitely need replacing but that鈥檚 not the primary problem at hand as not enough power usually leads to straight power errors.

1 minute ago, pjotrdegraaf said:

that is way to low power i sugest 750W or so

Nobody needs 750w, 450w would be easily enough but personally I would go 550w for some extra leeway. I always recommend rmx.

op tell your friend to run this

https://www.userbenchmark.com/?redirFrom=userbenchmark.com&

it will test individual components and compare them to other people鈥檚. Send the link it generates at the end and it鈥檒l show exactly what the issue is.

2 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

Nobody needs 750w, 450w would be easily enough

But let's face it, all the cool kids have 850W power supplies :P

sudo chmod -R 000 /*