Hello there!

I’m planning out a ITX build in the ghost s1 and I was looking for a (slim) cooler that could effectively cool the Ryzen 3900x (105w TDP).

Does anyone have any recommendations?

I am given to understand The 3900x cools ok at stock with the stock cooler which is a whisper less powerful than the dark rock slim which is a 120mm 3 pipe tower cooler.  Iirc it’s 145mm tall.  A 4 pipe cooler would do a slightly better job than that.  There are also a few low profile coolers that would work well.  They’re low not thin though and tend to require more longer pipes to do the same job.  “Slim” is a strange and somewhat vague requirement.  I am curious as to the particulars.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

22 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I am given to understand The 3900x cools ok at stock with the stock cooler which is a whisper less powerful than the dark rock slim which is a 120mm 3 pipe tower cooler.  Iirc it’s 145mm tall.  A 4 pipe cooler would do a slightly better job than that.  There are also a few low profile coolers that would work well.  They’re low not thin though and tend to require more longer pipes to do the same job.  “Slim” is a strange and somewhat vague requirement.  I am curious as to the particulars.

First, start by checking what case OP is using.  Hmm, ghost S1?1078119066_Screenshot_20200305-131602_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.fd7ee0a642ee06a6cf32696799e45b6d.jpg

Ahh, perfect!  Slim = low profile, based on this wonderful piece of contextual knowledge.  Now that we have enough information to actually help OP, let's start formulating a response.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

@Agent of Fortune The ghost would pair nicely with the noctua L12, I'm not certain if the L12s is compatible but there's a pretty solid chance it is.  Otherwise you can look into the AXP-100, AXP-92, L9a with shroud or a larger fan, maybe a jonsbo cooler.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

This will work, not sure if Noctuas brown and beige colors are okay, I couldn’t find this one in black.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6