Advice for when I'm reinstalling Windows

SexyUnicorn

Hi guys,

I'm getting an SSD and will be doing a fresh install of Windows 7, I have already got the drivers for the motherboard and GPU, is there anything else that I would need to think about? E.g. stuff to download now

Thanks for any advice

Those are the essentials. Most of the needed drivers are taken care of by Windows update. 

Ninite if you want to speed up installation of other essential programs. You can choose which ones. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Hi guys,

I'm getting an SSD and will be doing a fresh install of Windows 7, I have already got the drivers for the motherboard and GPU, is there anything else that I would need to think about? E.g. stuff to download now

Thanks for any advice

Maybe GPU drivers.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

All drivers and a browser

CPU: AMD 760k @4ghz | Motherboard: MSI fm2-a55-e33 | RAM: G. skill 4gb @1833 | GPU: AMD HD 7850 | Case: Nzxt 210 Tempest (with glass window mod) | Storage: Adata 128gb ssd | PSU: Raidmax rx-530ss | Display: 720p crap | Cooling: CoolerMaster sickleflow 120 green x4 | Keyboard: crap | Mouse: Razer diamondback | Sound: logitech 2.1 speakers | Operating System: Windows 7 Ult | Battle.net: Voldras #1712

Ethernet driver if your motherboard needs it. Else you won't be able to connect to your local network or the internet to download it when you realise that it's not connecting.

Had that problem before :D

Definitely want to have the Motherboard/Chipset drivers, especially if it's a newer board with USB 3.0, and it would help to have proper graphics drivers, but as long as you've got the Chipset drivers and Ethernet/Wireless drivers, you'll be find to install, and let Windows Update take care of getting the rest installed.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

I have the drivers, I was thinking more stuff that you wouldn't think of and then afterwards you find out you need it.

Hi guys,

Thanks for any advice

Install Windows with a USB 2.0/3.0 stick, just make installing faster, look into Windows USB DVD download tool.

All the necessary drivers which you already have. Lastly i personaly pre-download all this;

post-1908-0-56881700-1392511467.png

PC 1 Specs (New) :

Corsair 450D | Intel 4770K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1600Mhz | Asus STRIX GTX 970 SLI | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | 2 WD Black 500GB RAID 0 | WD Red 3TB | Corsair AX860 | Corsair H110 | 4 Corsair 140mm LED & 1 120mm Fans

PC 2 Specs (Old) :

Corsair 650D | AMD Phenom II X6 1100T | Asus Crosshair IV Formula | 4GB Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz | Crossfire HD6970's | Asus Essence STX | OCZ Agility 3 240GB| WD Blue 250GB | WD Green 640GB | XFX850PRO | Corsair H100i

Peripherals :

BenQ 2420T | Packard Bell Viseo 220DX | Corsair K70 | Corsair M65 | Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium | Sennheiser PC360 | Bang & Olufsen Beovox X25's

Lastly i personal pre-download all this;

134.PNG

Thanks, the picture really helps

EDIT:

Those are the essentials. Most of the needed drivers are taken care of by Windows update. 

Ninite if you want to speed up installation of other essential programs. You can choose which ones.

Forgot about Ninite, thank you