Part pricing and comparison

The price of parts very between generations like some antique ram may cost more than some brand new ram. One thing is common, a lot of time has passed for the prices to change to that extent but I have noticed that the ryzen 1700 x now cost more than the ryzen 2700 x ranging between $50 and $70 can someone explain why when they're not that far part in generationsScreenshot_20200305-065208.png.51c172d90273edfbd94504f1b4e58324.png

The price a store is asking for a product is based on what they paid their vendor/supplier for it, it's not based on what is the logical price for its performance.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I would understand that if it was just one store maybe two but this is going across the board with a lot of stores and it also doesn't explain why the 1700 x the overclockable processor cost less than the 1700 at many of the same stores

Maybe they raise the prices again if the stock is lower for the cheaper product, who knows. Only way to really find out is to ask whoever set those prices.

Personally I really don't mind, getting a faster processor for cheaper then what I was expecting I am all for it, I'm just wondering if something came out that cause the price to go up on the older processors like Bitcoin did to graphics cards