mohabed96

hi

my pc specs:

Intel 7820x

Msi x299 carbon pro m 

16gb ddr4 kingston 3200

evga BQ 600

powercolor 5700xt red devil 

fresh bios update for motherboard, ddu deleting of gpu drivers, and latest amd gpu driver. 

So, my computer is acting weird, when I use it normally to watch youtube videos and browse the web it gives me no trouble. 

but lately if I start a game like csgo or pubg, the screen goes black and the pc crashes, it won’t fix itself, it must be restarted. 

at first, I thought it was an issue with csgo but the same can happen with furemark and pubg. sometimes it will take 20-30 minutes in game before the screen crashes. 

Cant reset windows as the computer crashes during the reinstalling. 

The gpu is just 3 months old, and I have tried to switch the physical bios switch from gaming to quiet and the issue is still there. 

I have run windows ram analysis, came back with no errors. I can run the cpu with prime95 for couple of hours without issues. 

have tried to turn off game mode and xmp in motherboard bios without any help. 

I have now ordered a new 850w psu as this could be a power supply issue. 

Does anyone here know a good software tool or method to test whether the gpu is the main problem? 

GPU is a bit power hungry i guess. So it crashes. I too used my GTX 1070 on a 450w psu just for fun on my uncle's PC and it crashed. All u do until you get your New psu is to turn on power saving in windows as it consumes less power. It would help you for some time. 

14 minutes ago, dndfm said:

have now ordered a new 850w psu as this could be a power supply issue

The fact that the PSU is 600 watts isn't the problem, it's the fact that the BQ sucks. Did you buy a good PSU or just a bigger PSU? The problem with the EVGA B series is that it is rated for only 30° Celsius operation, so as soon as a load kicks in the unit can't output as much power.

3 minutes ago, imaproboi said:

GPU is a bit power hungry i guess. So it crashes. I too used my GTX 1070 on a 450w psu just for fun on my uncle's PC and it crashed. All u do until you get your New psu is to turn on power saving in windows as it consumes less power. It would help you for some time. 

A GTX 1080 and a Ryzen 5 3600 can run off a CX450 with no issues at all. It's not the wattage that's the problem.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, imaproboi said:

What are you talking about?????

First of all no, 600w is plenty for that combo 

2nd of all it could be drivers acting up since amd drivers are shit right now 

3rd of all it could be bad power delivery from either the PSU or the mb 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

The fact that the PSU is 600 watts isn't the problem, it's the fact that the BQ sucks. Did you buy a good PSU or just a bigger PSU?

A GTX 1080 and a Ryzen 5 3600 can run off a CX450 with no issues at all. It's not the wattage that's the problem.

I had many power hungry parts like i5 8600k, 2x 2tb hdd, and so on.

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

The fact that the PSU is 600 watts isn't the problem, it's the fact that the BQ sucks. Did you buy a good PSU or just a bigger PSU? The problem with the EVGA B series is that it is rated for only 30° Celsius operation, so as soon as a load kicks in the unit can't output as much power.

I ordered  Corsair RM850 80 PLUS Gold. 

1 minute ago, imaproboi said:

I had many power hungry parts like i5 8600k, 2x 2tb hdd, and so on.

An 8600K and a 1070 would need some insane overclocking to surpass 450 watts. 2 hard drives draws like 30 watts which is nothing.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

That's true. Navi GPU'S have shitty drivers. So it could be the cause for it. 

Just now, dndfm said:

I ordered  Corsair RM850 80 PLUS Gold. 

That's a much better quality unit, so hopefully that changes things. 

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

That's a much better quality unit, so hopefully that changes things. 

to be honest the 600 bq did me good with my older gtx1070, but im tired of serching for the issue so im just gonna change it and see what happens. if its a bad motherboard then im truly getting the big d up the bum. because there is not a single store in norway that sells x299 micro atx boards, just atx and larger formats. 

Just now, Fasauceome said:

An 8600K and a 1070 would need some insatnse overclocking to surpass 450 watts. 2 hard drives draws like 30 watts which is nothing.

AIO(Corsair H100i pro) and 5ghz overclock by me. And i ran that system off by my SSD which could apply the GPU overclock. So it could cause it to crash. He uses that PC for Cad software, structure designing, and sometimes for CNC cutting. 

Just now, dndfm said:

to be honest the 600 bq did me good with my older gtx1070, but im tired of serching for the issue so im just gonna change it and see what happens. if its a bad motherboard then im truly getting the big d up the bum. because there is not a single store in norway that sells x299 micro atx boards, just atx and larger formats. 

It's most likely the PSU so relax :)

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

8 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

any clue on which driver is least shit?  

4 minutes ago, dndfm said:

any clue on which driver is least shit?  

Newest one 

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Newest one 

including beta?

I still had issues with 20.2.2 on my 5700XT, so I sent it back. I'm planning to buy a second one in the hopes that it will actually work. My PSU is 550w, and it happens to have 2 12v rails, one is 20A and the other is 28A. I thought that maybe this could be the issue, but then I tried the GPU in another computer with a good 650w PSU, only to have it go nuts after about an hour and constantly crash.

OS: LFS, Arch, Gentoo | CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F | RAM: 16GB HyperX @ 3600MHz (OC)

GPU: XFX Thicc III Ultra RX 5700 XT | Case: Fractal Meshify C | Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe, 500GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD, 1TB HDD

PSU: BeQuiet 530W | Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer 240

I got the new psu yesterday evening. Changed it and it worked like a charm, for about 2 hours. I played 1 csgo match with no issues, then later when watching youtube videos the computer crashed. After a bit of researching I found out that older 19.-.- amd drivers are better because they allow you to just download the drivers and not the other bs included. And many other people with similar issues said that running two separate 8 pin cables to the gpu is better than a single 8pin to 2 x 8 ping cable. After downgrading the driver and going to two separate cables I turned on prime 95, used highest power usage mode, and turned furmark gpu stress test on, about 2 hours later no crash. 

Not gonna breath yet, I will give it a couple of days with more gaming/stress test to finally see if the issue is gone. 

I also noticed that my motherboard has a single 6pin connector below the cpu just above the first pci slot, I tried to connect a gpu 6+2 pin cable to it but it wasn't long enough, does anyone know if it is worth buying an extension cable or is that 6 pin just necessary for people that heavily overclock?