Cheap joystick for flight sim

TrainFan475

Are there any good cheap joysticks ($35-$40 or less) that will work with x plane 11 and flight simulator x? I've been considering the thrustmaster hotas x and the logitech extreme 3d pro, but I don't know which is better overall.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

I'd start with the Logitech stick for now.

You can always add a Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle later to give you a much better hotas setup than the Hotas X can deliver due to it's lack of buttons.

For civ aviation, the stick plus keyboard should be fine. 

I find for modern combat flying in DCS World the T16000M Hotas or Logitech + TWCS is about the minimum number of buttons you want and even then, most things are double bound with a modifier key.

all depends on what plane you are flying though.

i use hotas Warthog .. but that's not cheap.. anything with a firebutton and 2 axis should work. in most sims you can use keyboard unless you are dogfighting.  then it's nice to have a throttle at hand :)