Problems with new RX 5700 xt more demanding games crashes at random

Hi, everyone!

After migrating from a 1050ti to a Rx 5700 xt Gigabyte gaming OC, i started experiencing some issues with some more demanding titles like FFXV, the Outer Worlds and Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, after playing for a little while`, the game crashes back to windows in a second. But i could play fallout 4 and dota 2 for more than hours, what could may be? I've already checked the event viewer, but nothing shows there
Before with the gtx 1050 ti i didn't have this problems.

System Configuration:

Motherboard: X299 Sli Plus
CPU: Intel i7 7740x
Memory: 8GB DDR4
GPU: Gigabyte gaming OC 8gb Rx 5700 xt
VBIOS: xxx-xxx-xxx Yes it's actually displayed like that
PSU: EVGA 550w plus gold
Adrenalin: 20.2.2

15 minutes ago, Brother_Totola said:

Hi, everyone!

After migrating from a 1050ti to a Rx 5700 xt Gigabyte gaming OC, i started experiencing some issues with some more demanding titles like FFXV, the Outer Worlds and Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, after playing for a little while`, the game crashes back to windows in a second. But i could play fallout 4 and dota 2 for more than hours, what could may be? I've already checked the event viewer, but nothing shows there
Before with the gtx 1050 ti i didn't have this problems.

System Configuration:

Motherboard: X299 Sli Plus
CPU: Intel i7 7740x
Memory: 8GB DDR4
GPU: Gigabyte gaming OC 8gb Rx 5700 xt
VBIOS: xxx-xxx-xxx Yes it's actually displayed like that
PSU: EVGA 550w plus gold
Adrenalin: 20.2.2

I may not be very knowledgeable, but that 8GB RAM is concerning. 16GB is the normal choice.

1 hour ago, otherworldlynob said:

I may not be very knowledgeable, but that 8GB RAM is concerning. 16GB is the normal choice.

I don't think that is the problem, because, when i was with the 1050 ti i had no issues =(

The AMD Drivers for Windows have a lot of issues, especially with Navi. For some reason it doesn't affect everyone in the same way, no idea why, but it is a issue that AMD has been working on.

All I can recommend is trying an older driver for now. 20.1.3 seems to be the oldest AMD offers on there website, also as always make sure Windows is up to date.

You also might try the DDU tool to make sure all the NVIDIA drivers are fully uninstalled.

4 minutes ago, Nayr438 said:

The AMD Drivers for Windows have a lot of issues, especially with Navi. For some reason it doesn't affect everyone in the same way, no idea why, but it is a issue that AMD has been working on.

All I can recommend is trying an older driver for now. 20.1.3 seems to be the oldest AMD offers on there website, also as always make sure Windows is up to date.

You also might try the DDU tool to make sure all the NVIDIA drivers are fully uninstalled.

Hmm, unfortunately i tried this already DDU and the old version, but no success, what i find odd is that fallout 4 on ultra settings runs fine

12 hours ago, Brother_Totola said:

Hmm, unfortunately i tried this already DDU and the old version, but no success, what i find odd is that fallout 4 on ultra settings runs fine

Check and make sure that Enhanced Sync, and Freesync are disabled.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

I dont have a 5700xt but I can tell my example. I have a vega 64

Ryzen 1600 with pbo setings to the max, games will just close for no reason. The problems were not from drivers was the pbo not working and shuting down aps at random.

With an OC to 3.9 no issues, what I can say is make your tests at stock, dont forget when you install drivers to use clean install option, will be under advanced setings. 

If you want on the drivers under tunning you can try auto undervolt it will help a bit with temps.