What gaming laptop to buy?

Hey, so I am looking to sell my Dell I7 "non-gaming" laptop (with an intel iGPU, yeah, its awful....), and get a GOOD gaming laptop that can get good FPS on most games (im not talking RDR2 here, but im also certainly not talking Minecraft). I am looking for one in the $700-$850 range, and I want it to be *somewhat* thin, if that's even possible.. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

9 minutes ago, Car712 said:

I am looking for one in the $700-$850 range

USD?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

51 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Thanks for those! I am definitely looking at getting the MSI one, but I have another question, what matters more, CPU or GPU on these? Because I found this one which has an i7 and 16gb of ram, but a 1650 4gb: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1513106-REG/acer_nh_q5faa_002_nitro_7_an715_51_752b_i7_9750h.html Would this be a good one as well, or would it end up being a similar situation to the i7 and intel iGPU?

2 minutes ago, Car712 said:

Thanks for those! I am definitely looking at getting the MSI one, but I have another question, what matters more, CPU or GPU on these? Because I found this one which has an i7 and 16gb of ram, but a 1650 4gb: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1513106-REG/acer_nh_q5faa_002_nitro_7_an715_51_752b_i7_9750h.html Would this be a good one as well, or would it end up being a similar situation to the i7 and intel iGPU?

For gaming, focus on he graphics card. Laptops won't be equipped with an underpowered CPU for gaming. An i5 with a 1660 ti will perform a lot better than an i7 and 1650 across the board.

Primary PC:

Going off of what Fasauceome said, I'd recommend this one instead:

https://cukusa.com/msi-gf65-thin-9se-013-gaming-laptop.html

It's only $100 more than the msi one he linked but it has an Intel Core i7-9750H Six Core Processor instead of Intel Core i5 9th Gen 9300H, 16gb of ram instead of 8gb, and it comes with a 2060 instead of a 1660. Using that link you can also choose if you want to get more ram (32gb or 64gb) or change the size of the ssd from 512gb to 1tb or 2tb and also choose whether or not to add another ssd (512gb, 1tb, or 2tb) if you'd like.