Should I get these used parts?

ilove64

hi, im in a flea market (where people sale used parts) in florida right now, found 3 things and not sure if i should get them here or buy them new for more online, these are for my first upcoming 800$ pc build.

1) i found a TB HD 7200rpm for 35$, looks very very new.

2) a 23" monitor from acer for 55$, not sure on the res... looks decent, not new not old.

3) 4x2GB ram sticks 1333 for 40$ (both) never used.

should i get any of these or buy them new?

hi, im in a flea market (where people sale used parts) in florida right now, found 3 things and not sure if i should get them here or buy them new for more online, these are for my first upcoming 800$ pc build.

1) i found a TB HD 7200rpm for 35$, looks very very new.

2) a 23" monitor from acer for 55$, not sure on the res... looks decent, not new not old.

3) 4x2GB ram sticks 1333 for 40$ (both) never used.

should i get any of these or buy them new?

There will be a date stamp on the HD, I would get the lot.

If you don't use it you can always Ebay it later.

Nothing to see here - move along.

The monitor should be fine, as long as it is operational.  At 23" it should be wither 1600x900, 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 resolution.

The RAM, if it passes memtest, I would trust it. Up to you though, as 1333 is kind of low end these days. (that is if it is DDR3, if DDR2, then that is some of if not the fastest of that generation).

THe Hard Drive I would not tough. They are not worth buying used, as warranties do not transfer, but damage does.

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

There will be a date stamp on the HD, I would get the lot.

If you don't use it you can always Ebay it later.

you think i shpuld take 5 x1tb hd for 30$ each and try sale them for more? if so, for how much can i sale them for?

1) Ehh, sure.

2) If you think it looks good enough for your uses, I see no reason not to get it. You're not going to find anything much better for that price.. If it turns out to be bad, you can always get something else later and just use that one as a secondary display.

3) Why not? RAM prices have increased after the Hynix fire, and the speed generally doesn't affect much. If they work, $40 for 8 GB of RAM is a better price than you can buy new.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

If you can buy them new, rather do that. For warranties more than anything. If its from some one you trust or know used parts can be very helpful. Used Hard drives are the parts that I would stay clear from. If you can test before buying even better.

The monitor should be fine, as long as it is operational.  At 23" it should be wither 1600x900, 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 resolution.

The RAM, if it passes memtest, I would trust it. Up to you though, as 1333 is kind of low end these days. (that is if it is DDR3, if DDR2, then that is some of if not the fastest of that generation).

THe Hard Drive I would not tough. They are not worth buying used, as warranties do not transfer, but damage does.

it is ddr3 ram and i thought that ram speeds dont matter much if im not using an apu, am i wrong? thx

you think i shpuld take 5 x1tb hd for 30$ each and try sale them for more? if so, for how much can i sale them for?

Just get one for yourself. I have no idea on Ebay prices where you live.

Get the one with the newest date stamp.

Nothing to see here - move along.

it is ddr3 ram and i thought that ram speeds dont matter much if im not using an apu, am i wrong? thx

It matters a little bit. The faster the ram, the higher on average your minimum FPS will be (and that is on any processor, not just an APU).   That is also to say that there is almost 0 reason to not get 1600-1866MHz RAM these days as the price is almost the same as 1333MHz on average.

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

I'd stay away from used hard drive.

inspect the monitor to see if it's color has been defected, yellowish color.. also, there should be a time stamp of when it was manufactured.

if the ram passes memtest and linpack, go for it. although I'm not a fan of 4x2GB

I'd stay away from used hard drive.

inspect the monitor to see if it's color has been defected, yellowish color.. also, there should be a time stamp of when it was manufactured.

if the ram passes memtest and linpack, go for it. although I'm not a fan of 4x2GB

I say this too...

Got a used HDD from ebay and clicks so much.

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

I say this too...

Got a used HDD from ebay and clicks so much.

Its a dolphin!

Its a dolphin!

I want a dolphin :(

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Lmao I love u

I remember watching that!

I probably would never get a used HDD/SSD perosnally.
The monitor, provided it works should be fine to get used. Test it before you buy it.
RAM ...hmm not sure if I woul risk it.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER