Gtx 970 good in 2020 1080p any users?

Pomfrit

Im planning to upgrade my gtx 1050ti and i found some really cheap 970’s 4gb oc edition.. is anyone still using this card and is it good also what psu are you using with it ? Is cooler master masterwatt 450w good enough?

Depends on how cheap you can snag a 970, don't forget you are going back a generation to gain a little fps.  Have you checked for used rx 580s? I think you can find them for around the same price.

6 minutes ago, Beowulff83 said:

Depends on how cheap you can snag a 970, don't forget you are going back a generation to gain a little fps.  Have you checked for used rx 580s? I think you can find them for around the same price.

Could get it for 70-80€... but my psu worries me the most... also thinking about gtx 1060 6gb... but the price bothers me thats why im thinking about 970 but my psu -.- its only 2months old and i regret i didnt get a 500-550w psu

5 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

GTX 970 isn't that much better than a 1050Ti, you wouldn't be gaining a whole lot.

Its 65% better

Just now, Pomfrit said:

Its 65% better

According to what?

Generally speaking, a 1050Ti is almost a 1060 3GB, and a GTX 970 will match a 1060 3GB.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

According to what?

Generally speaking, a 1050Ti is almost a 1060 3GB, and a GTX 970 will match a 1060 3GB.

In some games the 1060 3gb seems alot better than my 1050 ti

93B23C85-C6CF-4B85-8ABD-46E083A1DF25.png

970 has 4GB VRAM, can make quite a different in today's games.

Actually I replaced mine with a 1070 basically only because of RAM initially. On the 970 was able to play several current games at 4K in terms of FPS, but several choked only due to insufficient VRAM. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, Pomfrit said:

In some games the 1060 3gb seems alot better than my 1050 ti

Is that screenshot a 6GB or 3GB 1060?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

According to what?

The thing is i could get the gtx 970 for free.. i would sell my 1050ti and buy it cheap... but idk about my psu... its only 450w... i could wait a little longer and rather get a gtx 1060 6gb idk man .. im playing in 1080p

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

3gb

11 minutes ago, Pomfrit said:

but my psu worries me the most

You should be able to run up to a rx 580,  but i wouldn't look at overclocking much of anything with a 450 watt unit.  I am currently running a gtx 1060 6gb with a cx450 on my kids rig.

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

1 minute ago, Beowulff83 said:

You should be able to run up to a rx 580,  but i wouldn't look at overclocking much of anything with a 450 watt unit.  I am currently running a gtx 1060 6gb with a cx450 on my kids rig.

Cx450 is better than my psu? I feel like its risky isnt it :/?

3 minutes ago, Pomfrit said:

Cx450 is better than my psu? I feel like its risky isnt it :/?

In my opinion with psu,  if you have a cheap unit its risky no matter what you slap in your system.  Not sure what master watt unit you have but this is a good reference.

1 minute ago, Beowulff83 said:

In my opinion with psu,  if you have a cheap unit its risky no matter what you slap in your system.  Not sure what master watt unit you have but this is a good reference.

Im rlly bad at this lol... its this one tho ??

B75E8E16-D3F1-4D55-8688-CDF51CAA79BD.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Pomfrit said:

Im rlly bad at this lol... its this one tho ??

B75E8E16-D3F1-4D55-8688-CDF51CAA79BD.jpeg

From what i see you are tier C+ . Not really recommended for gaming  but its not a fire started either.  

It sounds like you are pretty hung up on your psu.  Maybe you should upgrade this to a good 550+ watt unit that will give you some good upgrade options in the future.  A good psu can carry you through a few builds as well. 

Just now, Beowulff83 said:

From what i see you are tier C+ . Not really recommended for gaming  but its not a fire started either.  

It sounds like you are pretty hung up on your psu.  Maybe you should upgrade this to a good 550+ watt unit that will give you some good upgrade options in the future.  A good psu can carry you through a few builds as well. 

Dang it if i just bought a 550w version when i bought this one 2 months ago -.- thanks.. i will rather not get the 970 then

1 minute ago, Pomfrit said:

Im rlly bad at this lol... its this one tho

1 hour ago, Beowulff83 said:

From what i see you are tier C+

masterwatt is tier b, based off the same HEC platform as cv650, system power 9 and cougar lx