Ads that are pissing me off and that I have no idea where they come from

antoainb

Since yesterday that I've had these stupid ads show up when I'm looking at spec sheets or on retail sites, they look like this:

post-37564-0-27304000-1392471944.jpg

I haven't installed anything new and have no idea where they come from.

Thanks!

i'm a potato

*Kouch* Adblock *kouch* (when you use adblock disable it for YT and LTT and Twitch and stuff so contant creators still get payd)

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

As @Jeroen1322 said, you'll want to check out AdBlock / AdBlock Plus - they're great. I install them on every single customer computer that I come by.

Pew Pew Helicopters

*Kouch* Adblock *kouch* (when you use adblock disable it for YT and LTT and Twitch and stuff so contant creators still get payd)

For some reason didn't work... I did an inspect element on it and it seems to be from something called "service.shoppingate.info". What the hell is this?

i'm a potato

As @Jeroen1322 said, you'll want to check out AdBlock / AdBlock Plus - they're great. I install them on every single customer computer that I come by.

Didn't work.

i'm a potato

For some reason didn't work... I did an inspect element on it and it seems to be from something called "service.shoppingate.info". What the hell is this?

Could me adware, run a anti-virus and check if you have some viruses

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Didn't work.

Did you restart your web browser (Chrome, hopefully) after installing?

You should probably get Malewarebytes and Avast running - or any other combination of anti-maleware and anti-virus (that's just my preferred combo).

Pew Pew Helicopters

Could me adware, run a anti-virus and check if you have some viruses

I will do that this evening. Never will my dad use my account again.  :angry:

i'm a potato

Did you restart your web browser (Chrome, hopefully) after installing?

You should probably get Malewarebytes and Avast running - or any other combination of anti-maleware and anti-virus (that's just my preferred combo).

I didn't restart the browser, I'll see if it does the trick. I have them running (avast and malwarebytes), I'll do a scan later.

EDIT: Restarting the browser didn't help, still shows up.  :angry:

(I know I should be using multi-quote but when I am making a new post someone replies and I can't add them afterwards)

i'm a potato

I didn't restart the browser, I'll see if it does the trick. I have them running (avast and malwarebytes), I'll do a scan later.

(I know I should be using multi-quote but when I am making a new post someone replies and I can't add them afterwards)

Download this free programm called "AdwCleaner" and let it check your system. Once I had some junk on my PC and severall anti malware programms failed to find it, but this one killed all the bad stuff. I already recommendet it to a friend and he was also happy with it.

I hope it helps ;)

EDIT: I also had strange ads showing up....

Intel Core i7 3770K delidded @ 4,5Ghz | Corsair H100i w/ Noctua NF-F12s | EVGA Geforce GTX 770 2GB @ 1,2Ghz | MSI Big Bang MPower Z77 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 | Windows 10 Professional 64 bit | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB Samsung | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro | Asus Xonar Essence STX | Seasonic X Series 850WLogitech MX Master | Corsair MM400 | Corsair Vengeance K70 | beyerdynamic MMX 300 Manufaktur | Asus PB278Q 27" 1440p | Corsair Obsidian 550D

Best bet is to run them and figure out if it is maleware or something of the sort. 

Best of luck!

Pew Pew Helicopters

Yeah, I have had this same issue, its something that installed with out your knowledge. I find the best way to avoid this Is to have two user accounts, one where you don't have admin rights. If you do want to install anything then it will ask you for the admin password. Can be annoying, because it might ask you to enter that password for allot of reason. How ever its a great way to prevent stuff like this happening. So keep the password short and easy but with letters numbers and other characters. 

Should check your control panel for any odd software that might be installed. These things are usually that easy to get rid of, also you will have to make a number of changes In your browser to get rid of it completely, like the default landing page when you open your browser, and your default search engine. You will find that in chrome://setting/ In the Search engine option you will see allot of different options get rid of all but the one you like to use. 

Also check chrome://plugins/ see whats all happening there. and remove any extensions that you don't use chrome://extensions/

Your browser cache or history might have some of the malicious script too.

Download this free programm called "AdwCleaner" and let it check your system. Once I had some junk on my PC and severall anti malware programms failed to find it, but this one killed all the bad stuff. I already recommendet it to a friend and he was also happy with it.

I hope it helps ;)

EDIT: I also had strange ads showing up....

Best bet is to run them and figure out if it is maleware or something of the sort. 

Best of luck!

Yeah, I have had this same issue, its something that installed with out your knowledge. I find the best way to avoid this Is to have two user accounts, one where you don't have admin rights. If you do want to install anything then it will ask you for the admin password. Can be annoying, because it might ask you to enter that password for allot of reason. How ever its a great way to prevent stuff like this happening. So keep the password short and easy but with letters numbers and other characters. 

Should check your control panel for any odd software that might be installed. These things are usually that easy to get rid of, also you will have to make a number of changes In your browser to get rid of it completely, like the default landing page when you open your browser, and your default search engine. You will find that in chrome://setting/ In the Search engine option you will see allot of different options get rid of all but the one you like to use. 

Also check chrome://plugins/ see whats all happening there. and remove any extensions that you don't use chrome://extensions/

Your browser cache or history might have some of the malicious script too.

First of all, thank you!  :)

@Barodil, I tried it but it didn't work.

@OmanGS, I ended up not needing to run them, I've fixed it.

@BlackCrowSA, I always do that, it's annoying sometimes but very safe.

What it ended up ebing was a chrome extension, I read the part on the bottom that says "Powered By TV for Google Chrome", googled it and the extension appeared on the results, I ended up having it installed but I don't remeber ever doing so.  :huh:  Anyways I removed it and the ads are gone!  :D

Again, thank you!  :)

i'm a potato