Piconjis

hey im getting a new mouse for gaming. I have a few options
1. R.A.T 9 (i like wireless)

2. logitech g9x

3. steelseries sensei raw.
which one would be the best for rts, lol and fps games

steelseries, gotta keep it simple ;p but whatever you prefer the most 

hellooooooooo

Well, I'd recommend the Death adder if you can get your hands on one. Its the only "Gaming Mouse" I've used and I love it.

New PC Build - Build Log - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/276039-project-swift-force/

[spoiler=]

• Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790K
  • GPU1: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • GPU2: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red, 16gb (2x8GB) @1600mhz
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W 80+ Gold
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB 7200RPM
  • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB
  • Monitor: Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 144hz G-Sync
  • Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 600 OHM
  • DAC/AMP: Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC Combo
  • Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical
  • Keyboard: KBP V60 - Cherry MX Brown

Cant go wrong with Logitech, I am yet to see someone wear one out. But get the newer series. Like the G500s. If you like Wireless G700s.

I've killed two logitech mice in the past.

1. Cable broke so it got disconnected from the PC several times for couple of seconds before reconnecting. <- MX518

2. Scroll wheel got demaged. It was my own fault though. <- the one with this "Unlimited scrolling option" if you know what i mean :P

So I bought the MX518 again and after a while I saw the G700s and gave the other one to my mom. :)

Yeah the cable on some of the older series were not braided. Cable Management and care should be taken seriously with any mouse. More the actual buttons casing, clickers, feet, basically everything else is very well built to last. Even so I have not seen it happen. Seen plenty Razers, steel series and R.A.T's 

You should get the G700s I have both a G700s and a RAT 9, I definately prefer the g700s I put a 2nd monitor on my setup and then my rat had so many problems. (Slow down speed up randomly). Once of my friends suggested the 700s and I've loved it ever since.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

I love my G9x, I play a lot of FPS games. Logitech also has great software.

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

Seeing as the only mouse on that list without a flawed sensor is the Sensei raw I would have to choose it. Personally I think its too heavy for its size compared to its competition (EC1/2 CL from Zowie) but its a reasonable mouse.

The RAT 9 is terrible. It is heavy, extremely heavy for a mouse. The sensor has quite a serious Z axis issue and I had inherient acceleration that I just couldn't remove. I couldn't get any of the DPIs I tried to work properly, there was obvious interpolation affecting my movement. Worse than that the wireless connectivity was terrible, the mouse would disconnect a lot and refuse to reconnect. I used it wired almost all of the time and the drivers would quite often crap out mid game leaving me without movement until I unplugged and plugged it back in. I didn't wait until it was dead, I chunked this piece of junk in the bin after a few months as I could just never get on with it, was the worst mouse I have used in 2 decades. The average ball mouse was better.

The Logitech g9x has inherent acceleration inbuilt into the sensor, it simply can't be removed. I have thus never even tried to use the mouse but its generally considered bad for gamers to have acceleration on.

If you want wireless, I would recommend Logitech G602. Easily the best wireless gaming mouse available right now. The best sensor out of them all, insane battery life and great ergonomic shape. Even has quite a few extra buttons which can be nice for MOBAs like LoL.

For FPS I would recommend a flawless optical mouse like Logitech G400s, Razer DeathAdder 2013, SteelSeries Rival, Corsair M40/M45, Roccat Kone Pure OPTICAL or one of the Zowie mice (such as AM or FK).