Corsair Hydro vs Ekwb

Pikatchu

General question about Corsair's quality and performance when compare to Ekwb.

Those have have used Corsair's Hydro X, is it any good?

My planned loop is 150$ apart from Corsair to Ekwb. On a 800 dollar scale. (Full loop with 2x 360mm radiator)

Full time technology enthusiast, part time IT.

17 minutes ago, Pikatchu said:

General question about Corsair's quality and performance when compare to Ekwb.

Those have have used Corsair's Hydro X, is it any good?

My planned loop is 150$ apart from Corsair to Ekwb. On a 800 dollar scale. (Full loop with 2x 360mm radiator)

So my take... I prefer the corsair rads (hardware labs) over EK offerings. The corsair coolant is better (mayhems) and the fittings are pretty much equal.

Now when it comes to blocks I prefer the EK offerings on cpu and gpu.

Lastly is pumps and I think their res/combos are about on par with each other.

I personally don't go with one particular brand when I do my loops. I just go with the components I like the most in terms of performance, price, or aesthetics.

Pretty much agree. I prefer the ek blocks overall. The only other gpu block I could see myself using is heat killer if I had a vertical gpu. 
Fluid is the same thus far. 
I I prefer the Corsair rads as the finish is better than what ek offers, despite the horrid Corsair logo implementation. 
Fittings are all the same as are most of the top brands which is who Corsair got theirs from. 
Buy for looks as quality is the same. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

10 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Pretty much agree. I prefer the ek blocks overall. The only other gpu block I could see myself using is heat killer if I had a vertical gpu. 
Fluid is the same thus far. 
I I prefer the Corsair rads as the finish is better than what ek offers, despite the horrid Corsair logo implementation. 
Fittings are all the same as are most of the top brands which is who Corsair got theirs from. 
Buy for looks as quality is the same. 

So long story short, but I rma'd a 1080ti and got back a 2080ti.. so needed another block in a hurry. My local microcenter only had a hydro block or a bitspower lotan. The lotan is actually a really good looking block for vertical mount if you can stand the rgb puke of it lol.

As someone that uses water cooling for ages, yes even stuff from fish tanks, always get metal blocks, they dont crack.

As rad goes just get alphacool rads, they are really good. 

Enermax has a really good pump res combo with the NEO.

Just some ideas.

25 minutes ago, Xkillerpn said:

As someone that uses water cooling for ages, yes even stuff from fish tanks, always get metal blocks, they dont crack.

As rad goes just get alphacool rads, they are really good. 

Enermax has a really good pump res combo with the NEO.

Just some ideas.

I've only owned 1 alphacool rad, but it was probably the dirtiest one I have ever rad dance.

I have also used Ek and Xspc rads and they were pretty clean. The hardware labs offerings have pretty much been the cleanest, but you pay more for them on average.

4 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

I've only owned 1 alphacool rad, but it was probably the dirtiest one I have ever rad dance.

I have also used Ek and Xspc rads and they were pretty clean. The hardware labs offerings have pretty much been the cleanest, but you pay more for them on average.

I changed over to Alphacool cross-flow rads (3) from EK radiators a few weeks ago and found they were no better or worse for flux 'n junk when I cleaned them out.

On 2/28/2020 at 8:30 AM, AngryBeaver said:

Alphacool caught a lot of flack for that a couple years ago and have since cleaned up their act. I got two 280mm rads off them, one  xt45 and one ut60. The xt45 had a tiny amount of gunk in it, and the ut60 was clean enough to cause concern that I hadn’t flushed it properly.