what to look for when ordering a pc

Bonedog

Hey,

I am looking to buy a new PC for gaming and I am a complete beginner and I wanted to ask if someone here could give me advice on what to look for when ordering. I heard that on some sites you pay alot for things that are not necessary.

Im not looking for a super high end mashine since I mostly play League of Legends and CSGO etc. but would be cool if the PC could handle new titles on medium settings or something like that if its possible for my budget, I dont do anything else with it like video editing or something like that.

My budget would be ~ 1.000€, absolute highest I could go would be something like 1.300€.

Again sorry if this is super vague but I dont know anything about that kind of stuff.

Thanks for all the replys.

Ever considered building a pc?

I build computers and networks. Fibre Optic is my only dream imaginable. 

Studying for my CompTIA A+ and my CCNA, if you have any tips, let me know please!

Main PC: i5 8400, Saphire RX 570 4GB, ASUS TUF Z370 PLUS Gaming, 32GB 3200MHz Patriot Viper RAM, 256GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 550W Evga PSU.

Home Server: 2x Xeon e5410, 64GB DDR2 ECC

3 minutes ago, callmejaccob said:

Ever considered building a pc?

I looked into it but I am sure that I am not able to handle that?

You can find many buyers guides in this playlist here: (not all the videos will be useful to you so pick and choose off the playlist)

The secret shopper video can help you judge some of the more popular prebuilt suppliers.

You can also go to pcpartpicker's forums.  Search for builds with a $1000 budget and you will see looks of options and opinions.  Remember to include any monitors or peripherals if needed in your price.  Also since you are having someone build the system for you, you will lose some value as they make up their labor costs.

https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/

26 minutes ago, Bonedog said:

Hey,

I am looking to buy a new PC for gaming and I am a complete beginner and I wanted to ask if someone here could give me advice on what to look for when ordering. I heard that on some sites you pay alot for things that are not necessary.

Im not looking for a super high end mashine since I mostly play League of Legends and CSGO etc. but would be cool if the PC could handle new titles on medium settings or something like that if its possible for my budget, I dont do anything else with it like video editing or something like that.

My budget would be ~ 1.000€, absolute highest I could go would be something like 1.300€.

Again sorry if this is super vague but I dont know anything about that kind of stuff.

Thanks for all the replys.

this may help you out because i owned this for a year until i upgraded but i think you would probably enjoy it. It's can run some higher end games decently well, that just depends on the title but yes. You should most likely be able to run most titles at, at least medium settings https://www.amazon.co.uk/CyberpowerPC-Wyvern-1060-Gaming-PC/dp/B074JCGNRB/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=gaming+pc&qid=1582663536&sr=8-8 

2 hours ago, Bonedog said:

I looked into it but I am sure that I am not able to handle that?

If you can fit Legos together, you can build a computer.