Strange zzz zzz electricity sound

Kernatos

Hello everybody m having a really weird problem my pc is brand new since a month it has a Ryzen 7 3700x with the stock cooler and rtx2070 super   msi b450 gaming pro carbon

my problem is

I can hear a buzzing noise or like a ( zzzzzzz) noise from the pc i think from cpu cooler which is wraith prism on Ryzen 7 3700x

The noise is not loud at all i only hear it if i stucked my ear to the pc case from the top

It also appears on heavy load like rendering specially when i working on blender

Is that something to worry about ?

Any help would be appreciated as im very worried

Edited by SansVarnic
corrected your text color - can not be read in dark mode.

it may be coil wine from the power delivery of your gpu and nothing to worry about, it usually appears with rlatively high end cards.

P.S. please don't use black text, people use the dark mode and I was barely able to read it. :)

That sounds like its the PSU or GPU being utilized good. That sounds is mostly just some Coil Whine, and its pretty normal. That basically means the GPU gets lots of power, or that the PSU delivers Lots of power. Shouldnt be any problem.

9 hours ago, DankDeuxez said:

That sounds like its the PSU or GPU being utilized good. That sounds is mostly just some Coil Whine, and its pretty normal. That basically means the GPU gets lots of power, or that the PSU delivers Lots of power. Shouldnt be any problem.

Thank you very much  that will make me sleep well xD

10 hours ago, Mephi00 said:

it may be coil wine from the power delivery of your gpu and nothing to worry about, it usually appears with rlatively high end cards.

P.S. please don't use black text, people use the dark mode and I was barely able to read it. :)

Okay dude thanks that helps alot  im new to that community so i dont know how to make dark mode xD

If it's only a zzzzzzzz and not a zzzzzzz its pretty ok imo :D Ok being serious again, i once had such a noise coming from my old monitor after being 8-10 years old, sounded like a cable not being plugged in completely. It became louder and then the display just died - i always were pretty sure those were corelated. Tbh i have never had coil noise but i imagine it sounds more consistent and less "zappy" (if someone wants to record a good example it would be awesome, i could only find this one). If it is starting to more sound like a zapper i would be worried.

I am NOT a native english speaker and use translate a lot, please do not take it literally and bear with me.

10 hours ago, Bumbummen said:

If it's only a zzzzzzzz and not a zzzzzzz its pretty ok imo :D Ok being serious again, i once had such a noise coming from my old monitor after being 8-10 years old, sounded like a cable not being plugged in completely. It became louder and then the display just died - i always were pretty sure those were corelated. Tbh i have never had coil noise but i imagine it sounds more consistent and less "zappy" (if someone wants to record a good example it would be awesome, i could only find this one). If it is starting to more sound like a zapper i would be worried.

xD thank you

3 hours ago, Kernatos said:

Okay dude thanks that helps alot  im new to that community so i dont know how to make dark mode xD

I have corrected your text color.

You can always make edits to your comments/posts by selecting the pencil icon at the bottom of your comment/post.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER